Radio Codes - Pain in the 'Arris

s3akr

Following a "small" amount of work to fit maxi-dot, cruise and bluetooth my radio wants its security code re-entering. A simple thing you'd think but not so.......:confused:

The dealership don't have a record of the code.

Skoda do not pass on the codes to customers anymore (or to dealerships - although in my view, its my car therefore its my radio and my code)

They can't "trick" the ECU into remembering the radio.

They want the car for the day to get it recoded (but have offered a courtesy car)

They initially wanted to charge, then without prompt said they'd do it for good will!:)

Still, credit to the dealer (ie Service Manager) in that they have commited to sorting it out on Wednesday FOC for us and have helped us considerably with a courtesy car. Hopefully it won't be a prolonged issue.

So until then, no bluetooth and no music.:(

I requested my Radio code when I took delivery last week. The dealer infomed me that the radio's did not have a code now, because the dash is built around the radio.

I dont know if I was being white washed!:eek:

Last month I disconnected the battery to fit a tow bar. I could find no code in the service data thus phoned the dealer. The reply is, as Ray_Green stated, no code required. I'm happy to tell you that no code was needed - it just worked as before (though needed retuning etc).

Stream mp3 in July 2007 Octavia Estate 140 DSG.

Exhausted

Guy's

I know it's normal for the car to remember the radio code however Andy had a new dashpod and hence immobilsor fitted and hence does need the code.

Ross - yes they have moved over to an online system.

I think it's all a bit of a scam. As far as I am concerned they are duty bound to provide such codes under the block exemption rules.

I needed the radio code, after having a the maxidot dashpod. My dealer hooked up the VAS tool and read the radio serial number from this, took the vin number and anything they thoight they needed. They then contacted Skoda UK, and phoned me within 2 hours with the code. I put it in the radion and it worked, so wrote it down in the radio handbook should I need it again.

Thanks all! I can see/understand why they do it and as long as the dealer sorts it for me without any real hassle, then I've no problem with the process. Its just a pain that I can't use my new toys to the full!!

Thanks all! I can see/understand why they do it and as long as the dealer sorts it for me without any real hassle, then I've no problem with the process. Its just a pain that I can't use my new toys to the full.........

......... until now!!!! The dealer sorted the code today and passed on the number to me for future reference.