Hesitation on acceleration

Hi My felicia 1.3mpi hesitates as i put my foot down. If i slip the clutch it picks up again. I did think it may be the clutch but cancelled out that thought as it has been like this for the 3000miles i have owned the car and it will wheel spin the front wheels if i rev it and go. My initial thoughts are the timing..Maybe advance retard? as when it hits 2000 revs it works ok. it revs freely when the cars in neutral.. unplugging the charcoal filter seems to make it rev better

Any help would be appreciated

cheers

These engines are very prone to hesitation... general causes are... spark plugs, ht leads, distributor rotor arm and cap, and the usual cause is that the fuel body is covered in ****.

Try giving the fuel body a good clean.

Reason they get so black and full of gunk is because the oil breather pipe feeds directly into it.

Theres a thread somewhere on the issue and how to fix it somewhere...

Another casue could be your timing as the chains dont have a tensioner so it could just have a bit of slack... mine improved greatly with chainging the timing chain but still does it from time to time... mainly when cold actually...

Hope this helps.

I've had this a couple of times. Replacing the spark plugs, giving the distributer a clean and spraying everything in WD40 made the world of difference and I can floor it in any gear at any speed and no hesitation now.

The charcoal canister is a legally required part of the evaporative emissions control system. What you have is a faulty canister purge valve, sometimes referred to as an EVAP valve) and a fault code read should show that as a fault. Your car has reasonably sophisticated diagnostics, make use of them!