Bonnet release

timjfw

Anyone else having trouble with the stupid bonnet release constantly falling off into the footwell and under the pedals? I'd hate to think what would happen if it managed to find its way under the brake pedal in an emergency. Anyone had it fixed on properly?

I'd say you have a part missing.

If you look here Octavia-vRS.com - OEM Integrated Bluetooth Telephone Install and scroll down you'll see I have removed the bonnet pull and it shows the securing part which I would guess you are missing. They are a pain to get off so they for sure shouldn't keep falling off.

I had a look at mine yesterday, it seems to be falling off even with the locking tab. Maybe it was installed incorrectly at the factory and hence won't work now

Mine too. When I looked at it more closely, it appears that the splined inner ring on the handle has broken and so even with the locking tab in place it still slips off the shaft.

My dealer has had a new one on order for over a week, so maybe there's a lot of demand for them!

There is no way that thing should fall off on its own.

Took me 20 minutes trying to take it off, then after 30 seconds searching here it took 10 seconds :lol:

Sounds like the ones that are falling off must have a dodgy or broken securing clip.

I went through 3 levers in 3 days - eventually i had the bonnet catch changed to make it a little eaier to open.

Nowadays, i hold it in place at the top whilst pulling the bonnet with my other hand - i have managed not to break one in 4 month now!!

I had the same problem with mine shortly after I took the vehicle so I went to my local dealership who fixed the problem and I have had no problem since.

Trouble is the lever design is such that as you pull it back you also tend to pull it outward toward the foot well, so you have a twisting motion rather than straight pull backward.

Less than 2 months old, my Scout's handle repeatedly falls off to?

Octy owning friend has the same, and know from someone who does phone fittings that he has seen brand new ones with the handle in the door pocket?

I was thinking of putting a self tapper onto it?

Anyone know if there is an improved version from Skoda, can't believe that they haven't fixed it at design stage.

Is it all Octy IIs or just more recent ones ( a cheaper part being used)??

My vehicle is two years old so the problem goes back to then, but as I said once the dealer put the hood release lever back on I have had no further problems, so it seems to be a fixable problem.

I suspect it is a factory build fault by the handle putter on person.