Rear brake Light

xtramc

I am sorry as this could quite possible be the worlds most stupid question....however

The brake light that sits at the top of the boot in the center..that joel put the "kiss my Vrs" sticker....how in gods name do u gain access to it...sorry i no it stupid!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance!

I have ordered one saying 'Stu No1' £3.50 bargain! On e-bay, eBay Seller: james skylinesigns23: Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles items on eBay.co.uk

Go to this sellers shop, and 'buy it now', then when paying state what car it is for, you may need dimensions and also state what you want it to say.

Hope this helps

Ive sent you this as a PM as well mate but ill post here for others well...

Its a bit of a ******* to do!

Be prepared to swear a lot and have a pair of needle nose pliers handy and some super glue possibly.

Open up the boot and you know the grey plastic trim at the top in front of the backlight? It goes all the way along the top !

Pull it as hard as you can from both sides if possible! Loads of clips holding it in!

Just pull it like hell! Then if any of the clips get left behind use a need nose pliers to have em out but be warned... they take some persuasion!

One of the legs on the trim snapped off for me so I had to superglue it back!

Once its off you can stick it on top of the brakelight CAREFULLY so its lined up.

Good luck mate, looks good when done but an absolute **** of a job

Ive sent you this as a PM as well mate but ill post here for others well...

Its a bit of a ******* to do!

Be prepared to swear a lot and have a pair of needle nose pliers handy and some super glue possibly.

Open up the boot and you know the grey plastic trim at the top in front of the backlight? It goes all the way along the top !

Pull it as hard as you can from both sides if possible! Loads of clips holding it in!

Just pull it like hell! Then if any of the clips get left behind use a need nose pliers to have em out but be warned... they take some persuasion!

One of the legs on the trim snapped off for me so I had to superglue it back!

Once its off you can stick it on top of the brakelight CAREFULLY so its lined up.

Good luck mate, looks good when done but an absolute **** of a job

I just did both of ours.........

The mrs' went like a dream and was done in 5 minutes flat.

Mine took just over an hour!!!!! And worst of all one of the metal clips has ended up inside the boot door!!!!!!! :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad: It flew back in as the pliers slipped off and now you can here it rattling around up/down inside the door everytime you open the boot.:mad: Anybody know if there are any access holes under the lower trim panels etc..... so as to possibly get the little bugger out or am i gonna have to live with it for ever more???

Cheers

Dave.

And worst of all one of the metal clips has ended up inside the boot door!!!!!!! :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad: It flew back in as the pliers slipped off and now you can here it rattling around up/down inside the door everytime you open the boot.:mad:

i tried mine today and two of the clips done exactly that, i was so ****ed off i just put the plastic back on and left it, i have 2 clips rattling when i open and close the boot, i have no idea how to get them back out but if it comes to it, i'm going to put some sealer in the holes and hope it covers the clips to stop them rattling.

i wish i hadnt started this job. :mad:

i tried mine today and two of the clips done exactly that, i was so ****ed off i just put the plastic back on and left it, i have 2 clips rattling when i open and close the boot, i have no idea how to get them back out but if it comes to it, i'm going to put some sealer in the holes and hope it covers the clips to stop them rattling.

i wish i hadnt started this job. :mad:

I was discussing this in the pub with Damo off here the other day and i have a cunning plan....... He's gonna try and get hold of a pretty strong magnet which i am then going to use to attempt to get the clip somewhere back near the hole it came from so i can then use some small long nose pliers to grab it and hopefully get it back out again........

I'll let you know as/when i try this.

Cheers

Dave.

I was discussing this in the pub with Damo off here the other day and i have a cunning plan....... He's gonna try and get hold of a pretty strong magnet which i am then going to use to attempt to get the clip somewhere back near the hole it came from so i can then use some small long nose pliers to grab it and hopefully get it back out again........

I'll let you know as/when i try this.

Cheers

Dave.

i messed around today on this problem, i found a magnet on a telescopic pole, the ones you use to pull out dropped screws from an engine bay, i broke the top section off and taped it to a section of coat hanger.

i pulled the drain plug out of the boot (when the boot is open this sits above the roof in the middle of the tailgate) this allowed me to push the magnet in and move around, i managed to get one of the clips out this way and for the other one i pulled the rubber that covers the wiring from car to tailgate, and pushed the magnet in there and managed to get the clip out. took a bit of time to actually locate them but they are out now so i'm a lot happier. :thumbup: