Skoda Road Assistance

I've searched and found some info but not enough.

I recently discovered that all new Skodas come with a 3 year breakdown service, akin to the offerings from the AA, RAC etc..

I wondered if anyone could post a link or explain exactly what level of cover is provided and whether there is an upgrade over standard? Any standard policy document around? I have Green Flag cover at the moment and would look to cancel this when my new car arrives....if the Skoda service is sufficient...

Ta very much.

I think the cover includes all the various options, eg, homestart, roadside, european rescue etc, i had to use it when my turbo blew on the M1 the other month and they were with me in 30-45 minutes or so, took me to the dealer 45 miles away then back home which was 40 miles from the dealer and sorted out a car for 48 hours so i was happy with the service they provided, the chap was a sound bloke too which always helps.

It's now under the RAC, whereas up until earlier this year, it was the AA. Think its a pretty comprehensive package and includes European assistance too.

I recently had to use Skoda Assist and was very impressed with the service. I had managed to limp the car home, when I phoned I was told when the RAC would turn up - they were on time, and very efficient but unfortunatly could not get me going (car is still dead but that's another story - see sick DSG 'tavia thread).

Sent another van the next morning, again on time, who took me car to dealers where I picked up a loan car (don't know if this is part of eh package or a dealers courtesy)

I think the cover includes all the various options, eg, homestart, roadside, european rescue etc, i had to use it when my turbo blew on the M1 the other month and they were with me in 30-45 minutes or so, took me to the dealer 45 miles away then back home which was 40 miles from the dealer and sorted out a car for 48 hours so i was happy with the service they provided, the chap was a sound bloke too which always helps.

thats about right there. its pretty comp cover and is covering the car not the person, so if your lend your car out another person and they have your permission to be in it, they will be covered too!

no need for any other cover really! ;)