Chill zones

The glove box and jumbo box are supposed to be chilled. Is anyone finding they actually do this to any usable degree?

I've opened the valve in the glove box. I can't work out whether the incoming air is just whatever air happens to be circulating at the time (hot or cold) or whether it is cold only. Will the glove box only chill when the climate control is cooling (i.e. on a hot day).

As regard the jumbo box, it never feels the slightest bit cold and has no visible valve. How is it supposed to work?

The glove box, I think gets cold air as long as the Air con is on and the valve opened to allow air flow. The air flow into the glove box seemed to be cold depsite what temperature I had the main temperature controls on. So it should in theory keep a few drinks cans or sandwiches chilled ( on a long enough journey ).

The jumbo box does have a flap as the last poster mentioned. Its air flow temperature though appears to be the same as the rear passengers get from the vents at the back of the box. So it can be warm or cold. Although you can't get much in the box anyway. So a bit of a gimmick I think.

Remember though when it gets really cold outside, air con doesn't work anyway ( I think below about 4 deg C) .

i read on another thread on the same subject (search button is your friend) that it will blow hot air into the glovebox if you have the temperure on hot (as in the case of the melted chocolate bar).

As far as I am aware both use the normal air vent air. Hence in the summer when you have the air con on both boxes will be cooled (in the summer my jumbo box cooled 2 cans of coke quite well- not sure how jumbo it is if 2 cans fill it!!!!). However, now it is winter and I have the heating on then I beleive both will actually get warm if I leave the vents open into them. I suppose skoda assumed you would only want cool drinks/sandwiches when it was warm outside!!

Through the summer I tested this:

warm outside, air con on cold in cabin - air in glove box cold

turned the 'cabin' temp to 'MAX' - aid in the glove box, still cold.

Haven't tried now with the air con off and the cabin air warm - but it's not that important to me.

Checked mine yesterday. To re-affirm the glove box can be cold independant of the temperature setting on the dash. I had mine on max heat and still blowing cold into glove box, the jumbo box as I said before was dependant on the temperature setting, so on this occassion was warm air

So thats what that pull tab in the Jumbo box is for:confused: .. i thought the designers had been very ingenious and supplied a tab to clip my ipod onto so that it doesn't fly around the jumbo box :D

I believe air is taken after the evaporator and before the heater matrix. If the heating is on and the recirc is activated you'll get warm/hot air in the glovebox, if the recirc and air con is off you'll get whatever air temperature is coming in from outside.