Do you let the turbo in the vrs idle

Low 1000's...2,3,4 maybee?

It will always spin as it's in the line of the exhaust gas, the VTG bit changes the outer vanes to atttack the gasses

IIRC frm college.....

There is quite a volume of gasses even at idle.....if you have a 1900 TDi it has to displace that amouunt and at say 900rpm the piston travels TDT to TDC 15 times per second, so that's alot of gas to displace.

....I think :confused:

again what oil do the main garages use? i am only going to get mine done at a main dealer i think from now on

Think it's Fuchs Oil but not 100% on that. Search should bring that one up.

Personally use Millers XFE-PD, dealer has no issue with supplying your own oil. Remember they have a nice markup on what they can sell to you plus I at least get my 0.7l back and can use it for topups during the year :D

Any turbo will spin at idle variable or not, variable can be made to spin a bit quicker though obviously.

Based on slightly larger turbo's I suspect that the turbo will be spinning around the 10krpm mark at idle, maybe more depending on what they do with the variable vanes, runing to about 170krpm or possibly more flat out

You don't have to sit in your car and wait for the turbo to cool and run down. A few minutes before you arrive at your destination, drive it easy.

But no harm in the above advice.

I agree, you shouldnt be ragging the turbo all the way up to your driveway!!

Normal driving then just turn it off!!