Baker21's Superb.......Mopped & Waxed For Winter On 19's Again!!!!

Baker21

With the winter approaching and a recent session at my mates house yesterday with his PC, I have mopped and waxed the Superb, taken off the 18's (that are for sale in the classifieds), got some new rubber on the 19's and put the 19's back on.....

Mopping and waxing the car took some time but the results are well worth it, unfortunatly the weather hasn't been good enough to show off the results but it's very smooth and some of the shots show a fair bit of shine....

Now running the 19's again the car feels a lot sturdier on the road and handles better but I have changed the set up slightly as I have now fitted my 15mm spacers to the front of the car steping out the wheels in the arches. I have been able to do this now as I am running 215/35/19 Toyo Proxes which provide a lovely stretch on the 8.5J front wheels and the rears being 9.5J have a similar stretch with the current 235/35/19 Kumho Ecstas but eventually I will replace the Kumho's for the Toyo's as I have not been impressed with them.....

So here are some pics, struggled to fine a suitable place this evening for the shots but I thought this location would do out in the country on a side road track.....

Comments as always are appreciated whether they are good or bad.....

DSC00832.jpg

DSC00833.jpg

DSC00834.jpg

DSC00836.jpg

DSC00840.jpg

DSC00838.jpg

DSC00845.jpg

Rear Stretch:

DSC00842.jpg

Front Stretch:

DSC00843.jpg

That is a sweet looking motor!!!

what products do you use on ya Superb?!?!?! do you wax by hand or use a electric polisher???

Your number plate where did you have it done?!?! also have you ever been pulled about the plate or anything said about the plate?!?!?!

cheers fella

That is a sweet looking motor!!!

what products do you use on ya Superb?!?!?! do you wax by hand or use a electric polisher???

Your number plate where did you have it done?!?! also have you ever been pulled about the plate or anything said about the plate?!?!?!

cheers fella

My usual process on these big 'detailing' sessions is as follows:

Washed using the '2 Bucket Method' using Meguairs Next Generation Shampoo & Meguairs Grit Guard and Buckets;

Wheels cleaned with Meguairs Hot Rims and Meguairs Wheel Brush;

Clayed using Meguairs Quick Clay Detailing Kit;

Mopped using a PC (Electric Polisher) with 3M Finnesse;

Waxed using Meguairs Tech Wax;

Tyres dressed using Meguaris Hot Shine;

Windows cleaned using Meguars Next Generation Glass Cleaner;

All products applied using Meguairs Micro Fibre Cloths and Applicator Pads.

The number plates where bought from Dubmeister and I have only ever been pulled once but the Police were more interested in what the car was than my number plates......'touch wood'.....

I am fairly confident I met you at a recent Newbury Star Inn meet or am I mistaken?

Yes I think we rubbed shoulders but sorry I can`t put a face to your name!

Blimey that is a good day task?!?! where did you get your polisher from??!!

No worries mate.....not a problem.....

It took me a total of just over 5 hours yesterday but that included a full wheel changeover from my 18's to the 19's....

I have been borrowing a friends PC for the last few weeks but I have ordered an 'Ultimate Detailing Machine' from Autopia Car Care which my parents are bringing back from the USA for me....

Looking good as ever Baker.

It's odd, those spacers on the front seem to have a dramatic difference... although perhaps it's just me. It does look strange seeing the 19's back on now though, after seeing so many recently with the 18's on..

:thumbup:

Looking good as ever Baker.

It's odd, those spacers on the front seem to have a dramatic difference... although perhaps it's just me. It does look strange seeing the 19's back on now though, after seeing so many recently with the 18's on..

:thumbup:

Thanks mate....

I am not really happy with the ride height at the front as it looks too high, the 18's gave a much better ride height but problems as well.....thinking I may wind the front coils down a touch and see what happens....

Spacers make a difference on any wheel, whether it's an alloy or steel and I would recommend them to anyone providing you get the correct longer wheel bolts and the spacers are hubcentric....I have a fair collection of spacers now....

got to say as usual extremely smart finish and wheels look well proportioned

if only i had your commitment -and of course a missus who doesn't think weekend equals shopping

Thanks mate......comments like that make it all worth while....

Commitment is not a problem for me being single.....maybe doing this is why I am single......LOL!!

Congratulations - a lot of very hard work (5 hours:eek:) but well worth the effort. I wish I had the patience - and time!- to get mine to look like that.

I'll maybe start tomorrow, rain permitting.

Congratulations - a lot of very hard work (5 hours:eek:) but well worth the effort. I wish I had the patience - and time!- to get mine to look like that.

I'll maybe start tomorrow, rain permitting.

Thanks for that....

I am looking to do this type of work on people's cars starting with friends and family at the moment for a small charge as it really does make the car look a whole lot better and protect it for the winter....

that is lully! but:

I am not really happy with the ride height at the front as it looks too high, the 18's gave a much better ride height but problems as well.....thinking I may wind the front coils down a touch and see what happens

jesus mate!! how low can you go!! :D

my own car is low engouh at the front to rub the arch liners and make every speed bump your enemy, but i would say yours is lower than mine already! LOL!

Looking good, as ever :thumbup: - I sorted mine for the winter, paint protection wise, the other weekend - need to get some pics up though :)

Not a massive fan of tyre stretch on 'everyday' rims, bit extreme for me. But they do look :drool:

Fairly nice photo location too, if a little bland perhaps? :sofahide: - nice Vectra blur in shot two though!

Cheers,

Steve

that is lully! but:

jesus mate!! how low can you go!! :D

my own car is low engouh at the front to rub the arch liners and make every speed bump your enemy, but i would say yours is lower than mine already! LOL!

With the 18's on the car was around an inch lower and IMHO that makes a big difference......the whole look of the car is transformed and with the 19's on it looks a little 'tractorish' but I am going to see if I can wind the front coils down a bit in the next few days.

It always amazes me that people state that their car rubs on standard rims and suspension but it all depends on how you drive the car.......

Looking good, as ever :thumbup: - I sorted mine for the winter, paint protection wise, the other weekend - need to get some pics up though :)

Not a massive fan of tyre stretch on 'everyday' rims, bit extreme for me. But they do look :drool:

Fairly nice photo location too, if a little bland perhaps? :sofahide: - nice Vectra blur in shot two though!

Cheers,

Steve

I know your not a fan for everyday running on the strectch front but for me it's a must.......looks great and still drives and handles great.....

Bland maybe but it was a little late when I was taking the pictures and I was hunting for a location with some sun and this was the best I could do.....I guess that a degree in Computer Aided Design doesn't help with my Photography skills.....LOL!!!

Here are some pictures from this morning......this is what the hard work is all about when you can see the water beading off the paintwork:

DSC00848.jpg

DSC00847.jpg

DSC00852.jpg

DSC00851.jpg

DSC00849.jpg

DSC00850.jpg

Autumn and Winter are here........