Electric seat not working!

Sam

My wife swapped cars with me the other night to take our daughters and friends to a concert but on trying to re position the seat, nothing worked (it's all electric by the way). Consequently her little legs couldn't reach the pedals!!! The passenger side is fine and all the heated seats work but no movement on the drivers seat. As none of the motors move, I am assuming there are a couple considering how much movement each seat has, I am guessing a fuse or connection. Are the two seats fused independantly or is there a circuit breaker somewhere, or alternatively, should I be looking for a multipin plug that may have come loose. Thought I would ask as this is the first 5 mins I have had all weekend and it is now too dark to go have a fiddle with it.

Thanks all

Sam.

I had a similar problem once, my wife couldn't get the seat to move. She called out Skoda Assist (AA) who also couldn't get it to budge, no matter what position the de-activation switch was in.

The car was booked for a service a couple of days later anyway so I asked for it to be added to the job. When I picked it up the seat moved again and I was told they couldn't find a problem with it ???

I presume they disconnect the battery for the service, so maybe whatever was wrong got reset by that?

Just been out to have a good look at mine (03 Superb Elegance) to see if I could get you some clues.

Both front seats are controlled by the one fuse (Fuse 11 and it's a 5 amp, 3rd row down from top and in the middle of the row). If the passenger seat is operating ok then this would seem to rule out the fuse as the problem.

There are lots of multi-connectors on both sides under the driver's seat. Awkward to get to but worth a wiggle to see if something has worked loose. Not suggesting for a moment that tiny feet have gone under the seat and dislodged something!

Have you checked that there is nothing physically jamming the seat either on the runners or between the seat and the bodywork. Dropped pens have been known to be a cause!

Is the backrest/tilt operating ok under elctrical power or is it just the forward and backward motion of the seat?

Have you the manual? Pages 70 -73 list all the facilities using the remote, memory etc. Strangely these pages aren't listed in the index.

Hope this might help. I'll continue to give it some thought. Good luck!

None of the seat movements are working, base or backrest, so I can't see it being something jammed in it. I had a quick look in the manual yesterday and I thought it said both seats were on the same fuse so thanks for confirming that, which at least means it is not a fuse as the passenger side is working perfectly. I am going to have a look at it this morning so will keep you informed, oh and by the way Baker21, I will swap my elegance for your pauper model any day of the week! Thanks for the help everybody.

oh and by the way Baker21, I will swap my elegance for your pauper model any day of the week!

Thanks for the comment mate but it's really easy to spend money on your Superb to make it look like mine.......you know you want too......

• 8 months later...

I now have the exact same issue as SAM here... does anyone know what happened or what the malfunction was and the remedy?

My 56 plate Superb is booked in at Skoda garage in Cov for the to 'Take a look at it' the only thing is that the seat is currently set for my wife who is very short and I cant get in the dam seat let alone drive it!

• 4 weeks later...

This has happened several times on our superb. The first time it happened the dealer said it was a bad connection under the seat. However on the two or three times it has happened since, I found that there is a plastic cover on the floor roughly at the front edge of the seat next to the transmission tunnel which must house a plug or plugs. I "wobble this around " and hey presto the seat works again. The car has only done this at inconvenient times so I hadnt got around to examining the connections further. Seems to get over the problem for 6-12 months at a time hence I keep putting it on the back burner !!

• 8 years later...

Hi All, I`m having a problem with the drivers seat,( 2005 Skoda Superb edition 100 ) it has just stopped working along with the interior light. I suspect water ingress but need some help. I have tested every fuse and relay, all fine. I have lifted the carpet in the front passenger side which was very wet but the ccm was bone dry and showing no sign of being damp or wet. I have also cut all the joints in the harness beside the door and soldered as many as I could find.

Question, does the harness have more crimped connections in the rear footwell or on the rib under the passanger seat.

Any help would be great.

Cheer lads.

Adrian

Pretty sure there are more connections in rear footwell.

Drivers seat controller can be talked to over VCDS.  Worth having a look if you have access to it.

• Like 1

• Thank you very much for the info. No access to VCDS just now but I do think it will be worth taking the seat out to lift the carpet and get the joints soldered. I think tomorrow afternoon / evening will be best. I`m hoping it will turn out to be a bad joint in this area because of the issue with both the seat and the interior light not coming on when doors are open, what do you think ?
  • As I said, I have changed the ccm with no improvement to the issue so I`m thinking it must be a wiring problem.