Octavia vRS, What next?

The wife and I were talking about what we'd replace the VRs with when the time came (which won't be for another 18 months) and I came to the conclusion that if I was changing now, all things considered, I'd probably still come back to another VRs. I'd probably go for an estate for a change (and they just look good) and maybe the diesel. In all honesty, I can't really think of anything else that ticks all the boxes (for under 20k).

If practicality wasn't an issue I'd almost certainly for an Golf R32 or ED30.

I too discounted a 6mps, mainly as there are not many about and I seem to hit on limited production run cars :)

Currently thinking over a wide spectrum; which makes narrowing it down really hard. Thinking of a few years slow and cost effective in order to go nuts in a few more years thinking something v8 and turbo'd + lots of depreciation benefit ;)

So currently, on the slow and practical side it's a 4x4 of some sorts, l200, navara or roomster/1.9 Octy or into the it might still corner well scale, saab, volvo or Octy Scout.

Just looking at the whole arena and trying to put a house over a car.

Colin, If you go American V8 route PM me, I have a contact who can save you thousands, especially on one modded state side, theres a few tricks in that one :):)

I keep looking at Passat W8s and Audi RS2s on Ebay but I suspect either would cost a fortune to run. The insurance isn't too scary (about £350 and £550 respectively) but the fuel and bits prices would be terrifying.

I've always fancied a Phaeton but the running costs would be horriffic I suspect! At one time I wouldn't have cared but then I guess your priorities change...

When the company car goes back in May '09 i'll be eyeing up the Superb Estate if and when it appears, preferably with the 2.7 TDI. All depends where I am career wise in 2 years :o

Always admired the Phaeton from day 1 and I would love a derv model one day.