edwardob

i'm using ver409 with the ebay dongle usb connection..when i go to engine- login 11 -in brackets [0-65535] but no ballon or anything.......i will get the latest version when i see it fully operational......i believe the ebay dongle does'nt work with latest version

You'd need a fully registered genuine cable to use the later versions.

So it would seem that you are using a demo version of the software which may not allow you to change or adapt the EGR.

the ver i have 409 is fully functional reg version....i want to know what login code is and try it out.....and if all goes well get the ross-tech cable and latst vesion....is the login code different for for each car or is it standard for octavia'05

If you have fully registered software then email Ross Tech directly as you are entitled to free tech support.

They are really good, I've always had an almost immediate response to any questions I've had.

Remember to include your name and address in the email so that they can varify your registration.

thanks..but this is one of those ebay versions i was given...so it's probably not gonna get support......so i 'm just doing this out of curiosty......hence why i wonder about the octavia log in code.....is it standard or each car different....thanks again

There are a couple of things being confused here, so let's try getting some things straightened out. ;)

First of all, based on what you said you did buy a 3rd party VAG-COM compatible interface. This means it will not work with current/latest versions, since it is missing the dongle functionality. For a clarification of that term please see the following link.

Dongle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Second regarding login codes in general, they are specific depending on the function you are going to perform and/or the control module and/or it's vendor (supplier). In terms of engine related logins for special functions like the enabling of the adaptation channels these logins may also depend on the specific engine type you are trying to work on. So to give you a more precise answer it would be necessary to know at least the engine code, better would be even the control module part number.

Third and last but not least, the free/limited shareware version of VAG-COM will not perform any adaptation at all, you can access the channels if they are available but you can't alter the value - no matter if you have the right login or not. However, based on what you are saying it appears like you have a registered version but are not a customer of ours which leads us to believe you use an unauthorized copy of our software. Please contact me directly to determine your customer status. Now in case you are indeed using an illegitimate copy you may think "why should I do that?", our experience has been that such altered version of our software do not work as expected even though they show "fully registered" and based on some of your above statements I am thinking that this is exactly the case here and results in you not being able to perform the desired modification.

Please be aware that altering the EGR setting for permanent and use on public roads is illegal in all EU countries including the UK and will result in you loosing you cars legitimate registration in most countries as well as the insurance coverage. Now, if this change is being figured by the authorities is a different animal and we don't need to discuss that here.

probably me that's confused.......i was given an ebay bought usb cable with a "head or connection" that fits my car perfectly and also software..ross tech i believe..i have been able to use it ok..clear my faulty glow plug codes and so on...i looked deeper at the software and tried to login and i could'nt.......apparently i need a code of sorts....now i'm not going to spend money for something i don't have codes for...do i get these when i buy software......will the latest version work with my cable.all this self diagnosis stuff is new world to me and worth the effort......so what i'm asking is not rocket science...and what i do with my egr is my own affair[some have removed theirs].........in fact on these forums people are doing all kinds of things....

i'm a curious skoda owner simply trying to figure things out.

i notice on a lot of forums when some ask questions the discusions go eveywhere except deal with the original question.

people will do what they want anyway .

i just curious to learn about this vag com thing .if i'm satisfied i will spend on what seem to be a good long term buy.....

Most of the questions in your last post were already answered above, actually we even tried getting more detail from you but you didn't happen to give it to us which means we cannot deal with your original question to satisfy you. ;)

i suppose at this point i need to know do all these codes come with the full registered version or do i have to buy something else...some kind of manual and try to figure it all out.from my searches it seems possible to change all kind of settings and almost personalise your car to a point[not only illegal ones].that would be nice!

having the software is one thing....knowing how to use it is another thing!all those modules and sections looks awesome.i think i irritated you with my dodgy ebay version that was given me.....but i did'nt know until i started experimenting with it.....because i don't know what i'm doing and don't have the right questions...give me a break!

will the full version be good for a beginner like me or will i need a whole pile of stuff to get going.

thanks for your patience!!!

You can dabble with the free version, that's the idea - It's a demo.

If you like it and want to invest in a fully registered system then go for it. What you'll get is some pretty good technical support from a bunch of guys who know a whole lot about what can and can't be done to and with your car.

i came across this somewhere

[01 - Engine]

[Login - 11] and enter 12233 as the access code

[Adaptation] and go to block 3.

Give the accelerator pedal a quick "blip" to ensure that the EGR remains turned on for the next minute while you perform the following steps.

Note that the display shows a default adaptation value of 32768 and shows approximately 250 +/- 20 mg/stroke of air intake volume.

what i really would like to know is where do you get info like this

from volkswagon.....with vag com software.....skoda....

Since you are not willing/trying to answer my specific question about your car (specifically the one about your engine) to give you a specific answer, we will keep sticking with generic answers.

VAG-COM comes with a manual on how to use the software itself, for most control modules VAG-COM also has built in documentation like Stu tried to point out in his first statements. In any case Skoda has repair manuals available which do cover questions like this too and contain many detailed information on the diagnostic related stuff. We do have a FAQ entry which answers this question too.

Ross-Tech: VAG-COM: FAQ Page 1

Additionally we do have some more detailed instructions on our website and we do work on making our WIKI the most comprehensive public database for that matter.

Ross-Tech: VAG-COM: Diagnostic Procedures

Finally of course like the others already pointed out this forum is a very helpful place and we too stand behind the product including the necessary tech support to help fulfilling your needs and answering your questions.

The BKC is an EDC16 and a TDI-PD but it was never installed in a Fabia. Instead the only Skoda this was used in was the Octavia II. Now that we know this it's no wonder that you were not able to modify anything here...

First off all, no 3rd party VAG-COM interface hardware will ever fully work on this. The only way to make it really work is either a Micro-CAN or HEX+CAN from us. Second the adaptation channels are set up in a different order on these, which means the channel you were trying to access is used for the "Generator Load Calibration" while the channel you should have been used is 005 (Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR)).

• 2 weeks later...
i had a look..although iwas looking for 005......i assume that is ....engine1 then adaption.....i'll try again

01 (Engine) > 10 (Adaptation) > 005 (Channel)

If you get an error message, please state the EXACT message you get.

login 11463 seems to work...which icame across by chance

So by entering this code you activated your cruise control, which you may have had before anyway. Do not, never ever, enter any logins just for fun unless you do not know exactly what they do or be prepared for the consequences - whatever they may be.