HID conversion kits

splodge

That's a big generalisation

If the unit is designed for a Xenon bulb then there will be no problem, you don't need a projector lense. A lot of new Civics come with normal reflectors/Xenons and these work fine. Conversely A mk2 Punto is fitted with projectors and these are crap with Xenons fitted.

:iagree:

Volvo V70, Older Merc C, E and S class And the older shape Honda ATR to name but a few. These have reflector type xenon headlamps.

The light output from a xenon capsule is far more concentrated than a halogen filament so the reflector/projector lens must be designed accordingly.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fitted aftermarket HIDs to my fabia with the standard lights and they were not suitable, light scattered too much.

Dont bother with it.

I had exactly the same problem with my Octy Mk1, great for lighting up motorway gantries but no good for lighting up the road :thumbdwn:

No, thats the price for factory fit from new

thats £300 a peice aint it not £300 a pair?

i did see some on ebay looked good but i was short at the time, would have had to get leveling system aswell which im sure isnt cheap. does anyone know the best place to get oem units? aiming to get them for a reasonable price.

thats £300 a peice aint it not £300 a pair?

i did see some on ebay looked good but i was short at the time, would have had to get leveling system aswell which im sure isnt cheap. does anyone know the best place to get oem units? aiming to get them for a reasonable price.

No, £500 is the price to get them fitted at the factory as an OEM option

To fit them after the factory I think you looking at more like £1000 for the full kit as well as a nightmare of a job. Without the levellers and wahsers they are no more legal than the aftermarket kits.

No, £500 is the price to get them fitted at the factory as an OEM option

To fit them after the factory I think you looking at more like £1000 for the full kit as well as a nightmare of a job. Without the levellers and wahsers they are no more legal than the aftermarket kits.

yeah a real pain, i just found a website that does the units and they are £451 a peice :eek:

yet the mk3 octavia (mk2 is facelift from 2001 according to website) is a mere £191.

when i mentioned £1000 thats what i seen xenon option for ie leon mk2. wish i was able to take up the units i spotted on ebay that were goin for £300 for the pair.

That's a big generalisation

If the unit is designed for a Xenon bulb then there will be no problem, you don't need a projector lense. A lot of new Civics come with normal reflectors/Xenons and these work fine. Conversely A mk2 Punto is fitted with projectors and these are crap with Xenons fitted.

That was my point though, a retro fit into a reflector light that started life as a halogen light was never designed for HID's, whereas the projector light was comes with either.

I assume that when sweedish mentioned the ltd edition vrs, he was referring to the Octy, as he owns an Octy? could be wrong tho'