any good?

Dave Roper

I tow a 14 1/2 K caravan with a peugot 406 7tdi estate, and fancy swopping to a skoda octavia 4X4 estate, tdi 140 H.P. I would like an early 2007 version, and any advice on where to buy and what to be wary of would be appreciated

Cheers

Dave R.

P.S. money will not be available until end of Jan. 2008, so am forward planning!!

Hi, I own a 56 plate 4x4 Octavia 19TDi 105bhp , I have a caravan buts its on a permanent pitch , one of my neighbours gave up at the end of the season and i ended up moving his van for him, the freelander he brought wouldn't move it !!!! The move was totally illegal as you can't legally tow this van in the UK with anything less than a 3.5T transit !

The Octy didn't even grumble and we had to go through a muddy field too ( its not got stock tyres tho').

I use the Octy on a regular basis off road going to mobile telephone sites and find it first class.:thumbup:

Spec of the caravan it pulled below.

Hobby_Logo_very_small.jpgPrestige

720 UMFTotal length including towing bar: 915 cmLength of boby with gas cylinder: 796 cmLength of body without gas cylinder: 736 cmInternal Length including window sill: 766 cmInternal Length excluding window sill: 730 cmTotal width:250cmInternal width: 237 cmTotal Height: 257 cmInternal Headroom: 195 cmPermissible Total Weight: 2.000 KgWeight in Travel Ready State: 1.814 Kg