Leaky doors on 07 Fabia

gregfras

Hello

Just joined this Forum as my Mum has just bought (last week) a Fabia 2 on 07 plates. At the weekend noticed considerable ampount of water ingress on all 4 doors. The "seals" which appear to be made of felt were completely sodden.

She is taking it back to dealers this week but just enquiring whether anyone is having similar problems on the Fabia 07 models and what you might recommend.

Many thanks

G

Don't think it'll ever be a recall issue as there's no real safety hazard. However, if it's treated like the corresponding fault on the Mk1, then it should be sorted FOC under warranty, no-questions-asked...

• 4 months later...

had the leaky problemon mine, go around the seals pushing them out wards and make sure they are all in place. shut the door and inpsect all the way round for any gaps too.

The new Fabia uses a completely new door design compared to the old one. The new one only has one relatively small hole in it (which seems well sealed) compared to the old one where the dreaded seals gave up doing their job.

There has been one service bulletin on a leaky sunroof drain system on cars produced up to dec. 07, other then that I haven't heard of any leaky new fabias. I would not worry!

just phoned them re rusty sills, they want to take pictures incase they are "scratched" and will send the pics to warrenty! in other words they will say they havent been looked after properly. ie not cleaned every week!

re them only selling plastic ones, the only ones available online are these:-

?koda Accessories

Wifes Fab3 had a leak from the nearside rear door, leading to wet carpet and water sitting on top of the door seal at the bottom where you step over. Initially dealer said no fault or leak, after insisting and further testing was found to be a leaking window seal. Part ordered, fitted and now car totally dry.