Rear brakes on the vRS

GazTheHat

Just been told whilst in for the 40k service, that the rear brakes need replacing. Pads & Discs.

Already have the 312's on the front.

Is it worth getting performance parts on the rear? Not quite sute how much braking is on the rear.

Should i just go ahead with the OEM items?? (£180+vat)

Is it worth getting performance parts on the rear? Not quite sute how much braking is on the rear.

I have uprated discs and pads on the rear and they seem to be getting used OK. Having said this, I only bothered as I was upgrading the fronts at the same time, and 'matching' rears were pretty much the same price from the place I got them as OEM were from the dealers...

Just been told whilst in for the 40k service, that the rear brakes need replacing. Pads & Discs.

Already have the 312's on the front.

180+vat, bloody hell! thats the reason i dont use the dealers :rofl:

think it cost me last time about 8 quid for ferrodo pads and about 12 quid each for non branded discs.

180+vat, bloody hell! thats the reason i dont use the dealers :rofl:

think it cost me last time about 8 quid for ferrodo pads and about 12 quid each for non branded discs.

Remember when I did mine. I used ebc oem discs on the rear with ferodo ds2500 both front and back for the price of the oem stuff fitted. And DS2500's arnt cheap.

I thought it was a bit expensive and i told them i would source elsewhere.

But then realised the hastle trying to find/get them, someone in for the posty, arranging fitting and getting to/from the garage at another point, making hours back up at work.

So i called back and said go ahead.

I don't know how bad they were or whether it was just the fluid change, but i nearly went through the front screen. :eek: Brakes are back on form. :thumbup:

I've got ds2500's on the STi, do the trick nicely. Although i'm gagging for AP/Porsche 6pots. ;)

Holy mother of god that's expensive.....I've just paid £84 for a set of front Brembo's from GSF and OEM pads from the dealer - to be fitted by me this weekend. Dealer wanted £35 plus vat per front disc, GSF were £10 cheaper than that for each disc.

Robbing swines.

I'd expect the rears to be as cheap as chips as mentioned above. They're tiny and non vented.