MPG - what you getting

RNorden

Fabia 1.6 Tiptronic-

1300 Miles on the Clock

"Spirited Driving" (Gearbox in S)

25-28MPG

"Normal Urban Short trips" (Gearbox in D)

30-32MPG

"Normal Long journeys" (Gearbox in D)

34-38MPG

If I concentrate very hard, keep the gearbox in tiptronic mode and keep below 2,000RPM I can get about 38-39, I havent managed to touch 40MPG yet, but maybe when the enigne loosens up a little bit

I get around 42 mpg at a steady 80, but when I drive into a town my MPG gets better! Usually by at least a couple of MPG. All this clever stop start malarkey seems to work wonders.

Highway code # 261: You MUST NOT exceed 70 mph (112 km/h), or the maximum speed limit permitted for your vehicle (see Rule 124).

All my prejudices on Beemer owners strengthened :P Keeping speed limits also work wonders for your MPG :D

Highway code # 261: You MUST NOT exceed 70 mph (112 km/h), or the maximum speed limit permitted for your vehicle (see Rule 124).

All my prejudices on Beemer owners strengthened :P Keeping speed limits also work wonders for your MPG :D

I was talking Km/H:P

I bet you were ;) - but in that case 42 mpg doesn't sound impressive at all :P

I didn’t think that 42 mpg sounded very impressive for an average speed of 80mph either:D. although if you reckon that the car is good for 148mph, it’s a pretty good figure. It is going in for a reprogramming of its ECU in a couple of weeks time though, so hopefully this will help my economy a tad.

• 2 months later...

Just an update. I went for a drive up the Tyne Valley and North into Northumberland and on return the Computer said I averaged 61.2. My average since new is 51.5. I did mostly 50-60mph today, so that would help.

:thumbup:

Just an update. I went for a drive up the Tyne Valley and North into Northumberland and on return the Computer said I averaged 61.2. My average since new is 51.5. I did mostly 50-60mph today, so that would help.

:thumbup:

Don’t flame me for an OT, but that’s a beautiful drive :thumbup: I used to get great mpg around there in my Octy

• 3 weeks later...

I have a loan car from the garage at the moment, fabia 3 1.9 105 TDi.

60 mile trip to work yesterday morning (not hanging about as it was about 6.10am I left home) and it managed 51.3mpg (computer read out) as an average. I think I had used about £10 of fuel for 120 mile round trip once I got home yesterday.