A few pics of my Fabia vRS - what do you think?

Looks good that mate. Wheels look very similar to a BBS RXII and suit the car well :thumbup:

Fully coded sets things off nicely too :cool: Shame you're selling her though :(

Steve

Thanks mate. She is probably going to be properly up for sale early next year, but if someone is willing to pay the right money (and its a good home! hehe) then i probably would sell her any time now. would like to hold on to her til ive manged to get to a briskoda meet!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I paid 7.5k for my 04 with 28k on it and FSH. No extra's. That was in august.

so i'd say 7k is very reasonable with those mods.

Ok cool, yeh £7000 seems like a good price to me, as she has a lot of good tweaks on her and has been well looked after.

Many thanks (p.s is it free to put a car up for sale on here if you are a Freedom member)

looks nice, a couple of things i wouldnt have that for me ruin it slightly

the stickers under the bonnet, and the police light things, both a bit cheap and tacky

Thanks buddy.

Yeh i suppose, but the police lights arnt even in there anymore, they were only in for a Children in Need Charity Event and the stickers could easily be removed if necessary.

vrs jamez27, just my opinion but having owned a fabia VRS and then giving it to the mrs and buying a Civic Type R (54). Well it felt great at the start, the noise was amazing, grip was good, looked the business! ..but day to day driving was harsh even on a slightly bumpy road, reving it up to 8500rpm to achieve anything like the torque feeling from a TDi got very tiring. You could achieve good acceration but it never felt like it, doing 80mph was very noisy & hard. As I just bought the car I kept fooling myself that it was just the roads I'd drive on, but stepping back into the vRs made me realise I was missing out on fun and that feeling of oomph behind your back. The only driving I really enjoyed was windey back roads where you drive like a maniac. After 3 months I cut my losses and now own a new Leon Tdi 140 bhp which I plan to remap. It feels great to drive and will never again buy a car without a turbo!

Love those vrs alloys by the way, may get them for the mrs.

I had an Accord Type R and now have a vRS and the difference is marked.

The Accord had MUCH better handling (including a limited slip diff) and brakes that worked and doors that didn't leak AND it did not roll at all. The sound of the 2.2 VTEC engine was a hoot too!

But it averaged 32mpg on superunleaded and lacks the torque of the vRS. 70mph on the motorway meant 3600 revs and no cruise control made long journeys a pain. The Accord IS faster, but you are effectively spreading out the power over 7700 revs in the R compared to 4000 in the vRS. So apart from a drag race the vRS is faster in real world situations (not 0-60s etc).

I'm going to have my vRS modded with more power and lowered etc, but I doubt the handling will approach the Accord.

However, if it were me, I'd buy the Civic Type S and remap the diesel to 180bhp and 320 lb/ft than get the Civic Type R.

The Type R can't be beaten for corners and back roads, but it's rubbish on the motorway, so just bear that in mind. If you are a motorway commuter I'd get a remapped diesel.

Yeh i understand, but i want to do some track days and go to the Nurburgring etc, surely the old Furdy diesal engine just isnt made for that. The major thing for me that is stopping me selling her is the mpg. I can get double what i could probably get in a CTR, but i do feel like a change. What i need to do is a another test drive ... i will go to Honda tomorrow morning.

vrs jamez27, just my opinion but having owned a fabia VRS and then giving it to the mrs and buying a Civic Type R (54). Well it felt great at the start, the noise was amazing, grip was good, looked the business! ..but day to day driving was harsh even on a slightly bumpy road, reving it up to 8500rpm to achieve anything like the torque feeling from a TDi got very tiring. You could achieve good acceration but it never felt like it, doing 80mph was very noisy & hard. As I just bought the car I kept fooling myself that it was just the roads I'd drive on, but stepping back into the vRs made me realise I was missing out on fun and that feeling of oomph behind your back. The only driving I really enjoyed was windey back roads where you drive like a maniac. After 3 months I cut my losses and now own a new Leon Tdi 140 bhp which I plan to remap. It feels great to drive and will never again buy a car without a turbo!

Love those vrs alloys by the way, may get them for the mrs.

Unless your Civic Type-R was modified, it doesn't rev to 8,500rpm I'm afraid. :thumbup:

Drove mine 2500 miles in 4 days on standard suspenion with a passenger and it was marvelous. It is purely down to different peoples opinions... as you've said, but yours is way off.

I had my TDI, and I got bored of the crap rev-range, and the half a second blast of turbo fun. That's hardly any fun at all....

You sure you've owned one? ;)

I had an Accord Type R and now have a vRS and the difference is marked.

The Accord had MUCH better handling (including a limited slip diff) and brakes that worked and doors that didn't leak AND it did not roll at all. The sound of the 2.2 VTEC engine was a hoot too!

But it averaged 32mpg on superunleaded and lacks the torque of the vRS. 70mph on the motorway meant 3600 revs and no cruise control made long journeys a pain. The Accord IS faster, but you are effectively spreading out the power over 7700 revs in the R compared to 4000 in the vRS. So apart from a drag race the vRS is faster in real world situations (not 0-60s etc).

I'm going to have my vRS modded with more power and lowered etc, but I doubt the handling will approach the Accord.

However, if it were me, I'd buy the Civic Type S and remap the diesel to 180bhp and 320 lb/ft than get the Civic Type R.

The Type R can't be beaten for corners and back roads, but it's rubbish on the motorway, so just bear that in mind. If you are a motorway commuter I'd get a remapped diesel.

The vRS is faster in real world conditions? What between 30 and 31 mph?

220bhp vs 130bhp. :rofl:

He's not talking about the new model Type-R either, therefore the Type-S doesn't come in diesel version.

I'm not trying to back up Honda or the R badge, but James said, he's interested in a Civic or Golf, this thread is about pictures of his car and what he's getting next...

What can be said is, test drive one yourself and see what you feel, rather than silly opinions that it's rubbish here, and rubbish there.

The only thing the vRS is good for is economy. Nowhere else does it beat the Accord.

Yeh i understand, but i want to do some track days and go to the Nurburgring etc, surely the old Furdy diesal engine just isnt made for that. The major thing for me that is stopping me selling her is the mpg. I can get double what i could probably get in a CTR, but i do feel like a change. What i need to do is a another test drive ... i will go to Honda tomorrow morning.

Try and test drive a standard one, then one with an air filter which is common enough to find.

You wont believe the difference a simple modification like that makes to the N//A engine.

Once my car is back on the road running, it should be around 240, 175lbs of torque with what can only be called as breather mods.. i.e. exhaust manifold, intake manifold, exhaust, filter, throttle body, ecu etc...

Thats a rough quoted hp and torque figure, which is fairly simple to get too. Same torque as a standard Octavia vRS but a hell of a lot lighter and nobody has complaints about how that picks up. It would work fantastically on the track too.

If it's an affordable track car your after James, it's a good choice...

Give me a message if you ever need any help.

Good Luck :D

Try and test drive a standard one, then one with an air filter which is common enough to find.

You wont believe the difference a simple modification like that makes to the N//A engine.

Once my car is back on the road running, it should be around 240, 175lbs of torque with what can only be called as breather mods.. i.e. exhaust manifold, intake manifold, exhaust, filter, throttle body, ecu etc...

Thats a rough quoted hp and torque figure, which is fairly simple to get too. Same torque as a standard Octavia vRS but a hell of a lot lighter and nobody has complaints about how that picks up. It would work fantastically on the track too.

If it's an affordable track car your after James, it's a good choice...

Give me a message if you ever need any help.

Good Luck :D

Cheers mate, you hit the nail on the head in the earlier post bout just getting bored and wanting a few more revs to play with. I do love the vRS, and may not even put her up for sale til March next year as am loving the mpg atm and is a cracking car, but when/if i get a CTR i plan to tweak it like you have done, and a CTR with 240ish BHP is going to be bit quicker and more fun than a vRS. I just fancy a change next year ... plus the price of diesal being so much more than petrol means the saving is not that much anymore surely?

Look forward to being in contact soon mate, waiting for the old student grant to come thru! hehe.

Ive felt better plastics in a kinder suprise than in most jap cars. Im not saying the fabia is alot better, but the quality in the new octy Vrs is better than any jap car.

You've obviously not say in any Lexus's..... Or the new Accord :rolleyes:

Unless your Civic Type-R was modified, it doesn't rev to 8,500rpm I'm afraid. :thumbup:

Drove mine 2500 miles in 4 days on standard suspenion with a passenger and it was marvelous. It is purely down to different peoples opinions... as you've said, but yours is way off.

I had my TDI, and I got bored of the crap rev-range, and the half a second blast of turbo fun. That's hardly any fun at all....

You sure you've owned one? ;)

Ha, seem to have rattled a few Type R cages, yes I made a mistake its been half a year but it redlines about 8000rpm and got boring getting there, but I can see how it was more enjoyable on back roads or track days would be great. In no way was I saying the CTR is a bad car or that the vrs is going to be better, but as someone says for day to day driving the vrs is fun and nippy, my ideal car now is a high bhp turbo, something that gives you a kick instead of fast gokart feel. Think you should get the Golf! Half a second blast of turbo fun, hmm sure you owned a vrs?:rolleyes:

Ha, seem to have rattled a few Type R cages, yes I made a mistake its been half a year but it redlines about 8000rpm and got boring getting there, but I can see how it was more enjoyable on back roads or track days would be great. In no way was I saying the CTR is a bad car or that the vrs is going to be better, but as someone says for day to day driving the vrs is fun and nippy, my ideal car now is a high bhp turbo, something that gives you a kick instead of fast gokart feel. Think you should get the Golf! Half a second blast of turbo fun, hmm sure you owned a vrs?:rolleyes:

The golf? I wouldn't recommened a car to someone that I know nothing about. The Golf R32 doesn't have a turbo :rofl:

So how does this one compare to your first vrs mate?

Must have stripped everything off that before it went to the scrapyard in the sky :rofl:

How are those weitec springs holding up, mine got replaced under warenty for some kw ones :thumbup:

Hello mate! Hehe, damn right i stripped everything that wasnt welding on! na got all the bits i wanted before as you say she 'went to the scrapyard in the sky'! :( the new one feels ... well just the same but witha few less miles! :thumbup:

They got replaced under warrenty??? What for? Mine are still going fine ... i hope

Regards, James