Mountain Bike Bags

monkeychild

I am looking to get one of these to transport my mountain bike in the back of my Octy. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations? I have been looking at this on chainreaction Brand-X Complete Bike & Wheel Bags - B-X Logo Bags - Bike 69.99 GBP Free P & P to UK & Ireland, Cheap International Rates. Next day delivery from Europes Largest Online Bikeshop. anyone got any opinions??

Cheers

When I've carried bikes in the back of the Fabia, I've just used a Tesco Value* double duvet cover split round three sides (to make a sheet about 10' x 6'). That's been plenty to keep the muck off the interior...

* Other brands are available! :D

These type of bags are normally used to take your pride and joy on a plane etc. you can have bike in one hand and bag in the other.

You normally have to take pedals off and undo stem to turn your bars in line with the frame to make the bike fit inside.

If you're only using it for the car its probably a waste of time and money IMO, just use an old sheet/blanket.

I got a towbar fitted and use a bolt on rack and a couple of big locks!!

This way you dont knacker your back lifting bikes in and out of the car either (this of course is relative to the type of bike used :D) and interior stays nice and clean, unless you decide not to get changed after a ride :eek:

I've got a dhb one from wiggle. As mentioned above they're on sale at the mo, think around £40, which IMHO is a bargain :thumbup:

It big enough to get the bike and wheels in, with only taking the wheels off (pedals, bars etc stay attached). dhb ones are bigger than 'regular' ones. Plus extremely well made.

Bought mine to use on the back seats of the fabia, saves vacuuming it out when I get home as it keeps all the mud / grease / water contained within.

• 2 weeks later...

Had mine and the missus bikes in the back of the Octy today :D. Just got a kingsize sheet from Tesco to stop the crud. Only problem I had was those flipping strengthning struts getting in the way lol. What way do most folk find best? I just took the front wheel off, is this the preferred method or is both wheels off better??

I used to use a huge bit of tarpaling. The problem with using bike bags is you need to take you pedals and bars off to get them in.

The way I used to put my DH bike in was to just take the front wheel off and put it in so the forks went down into the rear passenger foot well so it was stood up. This way I could fit 4 DH bikes in the back and they are much bigger than your normal bike

Shaun