Hello - Possible Fabia tdi owner!

andrewp

Well here is my first post on this Forum..........erm.......hello!

I'm thinking of buying a 1.4 tdi PD engined Fabia (I like the 2007 Bohemia estate & £35 VED) but am concerned about reliability. I want trouble free motoring for the next 10 years / 100,000 miles as experienced with my wifes petrol Nissan Primera. The Nissan has never been serviced, it still has its 1997 spark plugs/exhaust/key fob batteries(!) and has not required any mechanical parts replacing other than a battery, it still performs faultlessly and economically. It does have an annual oil/filter change! Can I expect this from the 1.4 tdi pd engine, all my previous diesel cars (Golf TDI, Mondeo TDDI) have experienced expensive injector / pump or similar problems at 120k or so, I've also had bad experiences with failed electric windows on non-japanese cars. Basically, any advice on whether the Fabia is a suitable problem free replacement is much appreciated, I have already heard of one with over 230k and fairly problem free so thats a good start!

Thanks in advance, Andrew

copyofpicture017barh6.gif

Hi Andrew

No Servicing? :eek:

No, I don't think you can expect 10 years/100k without servicing!

At least you did oil changes :rofl:

The 1.4PD is an excellent engine though. I've no experience of that or the fabia at high miles, but did drive a Polo with that engine for a few years, and it never missed a beat, and got a good thrashing.

The Nissan has never been serviced, it still has its 1997 spark plugs/exhaust/key fob batteries(!)

I don't think that is anything to be proud of and in fact could prove to be dangerous, do you feel comfortable letting you wife drive that car?

Certainly wouldn't let my wife drive an un-maintained car.