Felicia Diesels?

Hi Guys!

Am thinking of chopping in my Octy for another Felly. Am getting bored of the high fuel consumption of my 1.6. And I don't have alot of money so can't buy an Octy diesel, as much as I'd like one!

Though the Felicia diesel is in my price range, and am wondering what their like? Are they quick enough? And what kind of MPG do they do? And whats are the differences between the petrol one? Can you hear the engine alot? etc

Thanks

Craig

Hey Craig

Ok i am basing what i say on the ones my dad had,

Felicia 1.9 sdi

very slow and he found that mpg was not that good as it should have been for a diesel.

Felicia 1.6

A real fox in sheeps clothing. Very quick for what it is with a nice amount of torque. Dad had three and they all did 0 -60 in around 10 seconds.

downside was the fuel, looking at only 30 - 35 mpg

Hey Craig

Felicia 1.9 sdi

very slow and he found that mpg was not that good as it should have been for a diesel.

Felicia 1.6

A real fox in sheeps clothing. Very quick for what it is with a nice amount of torque. Dad had three and they all did 0 -60 in around 10 seconds.

Thats the MPG I get from my Octavia, around 30mpg around town and on my commute, I can afford it, but would prefer not to have to pay for it!

I love the car though and I love Skoda's and can't see me driving anything else.

Ive driven the felicia 1.9D, and it is slower than the 1.3, only for about 30 miles but the biggest problem was how much weight that big diesel lump put at the nose of the car, in the wet it would just understeer all over the place, making it even slower.

My advise would be to try and get a diesel fabia. TDi if you could afford it, if not then SDi

Having also driven a saxo 1.5D non-turbo across france, all i can say is diesel engines really need a turbo to keep up with traffic, especially if you plan on carrying passengers + luggage.

craig easy to decide.

If you want to sit at 40 - 50 mph on your own in a car to commute then a Sdi is ideal. you will easily get 60 mpg

If you want to do 60mph, pull up and over take slower moving taffic than a Tdi is needed. still get 55 mpg as well

Hey Craig

Felicia 1.9 sdi

Felicia 1.6

I get 37-42 mpg on my Felly

Yeah the Felicia 1.6. can be economical if you treat it with respect and drive it nicely. I don't - so I only get 300 miles to a tank, about 30-35mpg!

The Felicia diesel is slow - the 1.3 is quicker. I think the diesel is quite noisy as well, like other people have said, maybe a fabia?

the 1.9d has similar HP to the 1.3 MPI,

Driving experiences are totally different though- the 1.3 is a free reving, easy to abuse lump, whereas the 1.9 is a plodder, nothing more.

What do you need from your car?

You did well getting 30mpg out a 1.6 octy- the one I had in Prague did brataslava and back for £100, but we were travelling at a fair old lick...;)