awesome gti aerial

Bodge

For some strange reason some git has cut my aerial in half! It still works but is looking rather stunted and tatty so I'm looking for a new one.

After pulling the aerial whip out (which took a good tug), i discovered that its some funny type that can be layed down for car washes i presume, and has a bayonette on the end of the thin threaded section.

After a trip to Halfords (who i try and avoid), i realised that this wasnt just the standard VW item.

Where do I get a new one, other than the genuine super long skoda one?

Will this one fit? Awesome > Slim Line Aerial Black

I just want a shorty to replace the terrorised one.

Cheers :thumbup:

For some strange reason some git has cut my aerial in half!

I just want a shorty to replace the circumsied one.

Be on the look out for a demented RABBI.............................LOL

haha I will do Beretta!!

Do you know if that S2000 one will fit a mk1 vRS Fluffmeister? Is the aerial on your mk2 the funny drop down one too?

Yes it is mate, they are anti theft and all I did to remove mine was unscrew it, push it back into the recess then give a firm tug (take care of course, don't dent the roof) and out it popped.

ahh nice one. is it scissor proof?! i recon i'll find one then. my mate has an S2000...........

covert transplant?!

No need I just ordered one these. Been meaning to get one for age's and your thread reminded me :thumbup::thumbup:

HONDA S2000 AERIAL FITS... POLO CORSA TYPE-R ASTRA GOLF on eBay, also Aerials Aerial Toppers, Exterior Styling, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 14-Dec-07 15:18:09 GMT)

Can't it be trimmed down to expose the thread? I have one off a Vauxhall Corsa Combi on mine and I had to trim the base a bit to get it to fit.

HTH

If you don't want to cut it about do you want to swap for my standard one? :rofl:

For some strange reason some git has cut my aerial in half! It still works but is looking rather stunted and tatty so I'm looking for a new one.

After pulling the aerial whip out (which took a good tug), i discovered that its some funny type that can be layed down for car washes i presume, and has a bayonette on the end of the thin threaded section.

After a trip to Halfords (who i try and avoid), i realised that this wasnt just the standard VW item.

Where do I get a new one, other than the genuine super long skoda one?

Will this one fit? Awesome > Slim Line Aerial Black

I just want a shorty to replace the terrorised one.

I have a couple of OEM AM/FM complete units if anybody is interested..:thumbup:

Will fit directly into place...........:)

well my ebay aerial turned up today and it wont fit :( it has a standard thread which is to short

Yeah that's what i thought! The same thing in Halfords. Lists the wrong one. Also the one off the awesome website is the wrong one. They are all standard versions (larger thread and shorter thread).

Skoda parts quoted £50 for a complete genuine unit. Including base unit. But i dont want that. Thanks for the offer of an OE one tho. if i cant find what i want ill get back to you!

I want a short one, but with the long thin thread. There must be a direct replacement somewhere. I'd rather avoid the bodging/modifying route. Regardless of my name!!

Let the hunt continue.............:holmes: