Pulling to the left

JMC

I've recently had some new tyres put on the front (Toyo Proxies) and have since noticed that the car seems to pull to the left, as though the tracking is out. It seems most noticiable when driving at a steady speed. As far as I am aware, the car wasn't doing this prior to replacing the tyres.

Could changing the tyres have caused this?

Yep, it happens. I think you will find that the car always pulled it's just the new tyres have made it more obvious.

First, try swapping the wheels round (Front to back as they are directional), then get a four wheel alignment if that does nothing (Although I bet it's the rear N/S camber out....)

I had this on a new vrs lim ed, It seems to right it's self after a while, I took it back and complained but they took it out and proved if you go to the other side of the road, Providing its clear and safe, It will pull the other way. It seems ok now but I have to check the tyre pressures regular as t can lose a pound or two in a week, and this affects it quite a bit, New tyres maybe the cause on yours as the trads seem a bit high when new,

All cars pull naturally a little to the left, just the way it is! Mainly due to the fact that the road slopes down from the centre to aid drainage, that's why it's pulling. The new tyres wil hae simply shown up this fact due to the old ones having worn to counteract the problem.

Yes, they do tend to pull to the left - a little - but our SE version drives straight. My son's 05 vrs on the same tyres as mentioned, pulled significantly to the left. Had the tracking done three times and eventually the Skoda settings were ignored and the they set it up as 'parallel' and it drives much straighter now. On this forum when I was asking about this, someone said they were set for continental roads i.e. for driving on the right, so the problem was magnified. Don't know if this was a correct statement.

I have been plagued by this for months and months. Was not there originally when i got the car. Both myself, my local Skoda Garage and Skoda UK have tried what they can - new tyres, tracking, balancing, four wheel alignment the works.

Skoda say its a characteristic of the car - seems a bit odd to me. Just as i lost all hope of a resolution i think it has been clearing. Not sure if its just wear on the tyres or just different roads.

Skoda however will say that the car is cambre sensitive due to the electric power steering i believe.

• 4 weeks later...

you CAN adjust the rear alignment. You need summat called EZ-shim shims. I have them and intend to fit them soon. The instructions say that they are VAG universal and will fit the Polo.

see: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/ask-tech/fabia-vrs-alignment-scan-some-good-info-need-advice-plz/97260/

see this US post: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/fabia/suk-cover-up-pulling-left/98084/