Which Is The Best Remap For Fabia Vrs?

CRAIG VRS

/\ its unknown territory, im speaking from experience, whos to say your clutch wont give up the ghost sooner or later? i used to doubt people on here needing clutches but i ended up needing one, if there not needed why do so many run the Sachs clutches or have had clutch and DMF failure?

Also about the BLT vs ASZ just what i heard from a fellow Briskodian

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on how you drive, not just the map.

If you boot it at low revs - clutch won't last. If you drive it a bit like a petrol, much easier on the clutch.

Clutches are rated at torque capability - that's what does them in, not so much the bhp....

^ exactly

Feed the power in gently from about 2-2.5k then thrash it within an inch of it's life :thumbup:

Plus, my map is only doing about 270lb/ft, but there is no spike and it is spread evenly up to and beyond 4000rpm. Some maps which are doing 300lb/ft spike early and the torque doesn't last. Performance is gained by sustaining as much torque at as much rpm as you can.

Wo knows though - in 12 months time you may see a thread from me "Help - New clutch needed" It's all a big gamble really.

i have the custom code on mine and have been very impressed as said above with the lower torque it is not aggressive and pulls like a train in every gear a recent run in with a 182 the other night prooved this lol...i would back up jmc comments though that for the work involved the money for the custom code is very high i think they worked on my car for around 15 - 20 mins which makes the hourly rate of £1,339.50 including vat ha ha!! jbs in chesterfield are a fantastic company just wish i had more money to spend with them lol :)

Let's not start that old debate again shall we....... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cheers

Dave.

all modifications have to be declared otherwise your driving uninsured and if you do have an accident and are at fault and they find the upgrade you will be liable and it could force you to lose your house & prison. Also note that in a car like the vRS which does seem to have a lot of claims on them anyone with a shread of common sense would realise that ins companies would b checking more of these for said modification + as far as you know someone here could be an Ins broker and may inform them & the police.

^

Well I think you're getting a little paranoid?? Have you been on that super skunk again?

My heavily modified Golf Mk2 Gti got written off by some turd pulling out of an on street parking place without actually checking his mirrors.

The insurance assessors came and had a look at the car and actually told me how nice it looked.... and I hadn't told them a thing about any of the numerous mods I'd done to it.

If you manage to lose your house I will feel very sorry for you and will eat my hat.

Alternatively, use a system where you can reprogram your ECU assuming you don't destroy it in the resulting crash.

Disclaimer: I would never consider such crazy law breaking activity. I may have completely made everything up I said - alternatively I may not have done. The burden sir is on you to find me guilty. Good luck.

Before I got mine done I asked around for prices and was surprised. It cost me more to declare my wheels (17s fitted by previous owner, I would have left them) than to declare the map.

Mind you I have clean licence and 5 years protected NCB :thumbup:

/\ its unknown territory, im speaking from experience, whos to say your clutch wont give up the ghost sooner or later? i used to doubt people on here needing clutches but i ended up needing one, if there not needed why do so many run the Sachs clutches or have had clutch and DMF failure?

Also about the BLT vs ASZ just what i heard from a fellow Briskodian

I adgree if your car is tunned for performance not performance and economy ull need a new clutch sooner or later.

JABBASPORT did a s hit hot map on my car running close to 180bhp and 420NM thats not a bad map, But the clutch started to slip 2days later thats not a badly done map its just powerful.

Amd did mine to just under 180bhp 1 week after I bought it new in Feb 05, and I've never had an issue with my clutch.

Saying that I never pull hard in 3rd or up with revs less than 3200. I think that's the issue for some people. Either that or I'm just lucky.

I'd highly recommend Amd High-performance vehicle tuning, ECU remaps, Exhausts and Styling

Mine tops out at 150mph (that was on an autobahn obviously) and thats from the clock so could be +/- 5mph.

• 3 months later...
knowing nothing about remaps but something thats been a curiosity. How "big" a remap is it before you should upgrade things like the turbo, clutch, etc?

You can maff the turbo and clutch on an unmapped fabia if you try hard enough, the fabia turbo's are generally weak.

On a standard clucth you dont really want to go near 300 lb-ft torque :thumbup:

BLT is no problem to remap...I had my own Polo GT to 185bhp with all hardware as stock.......like this for 30k and no clutch issues either

Insurance companies and VAG dealers can see remaps if they know how to look for it...the tools to read/write ecu sw are now getting very cheap so they will be investing if they have not already done so. Unfortunately most remap companies still say their sw is invisible to dealer diagnostics but this is just marketing hype....if you gave your car to me for 10 mins max I could tell you if it was stock or tuned so why do you think others cannot do this?? Dont risk it....as said by someone else, if you cannot afford the insurance difference then wait until you can, then get a remap

Is that rolling roaded at 185bhp as i doubt in reality it would be at that, i have a 190bhp 'map' on my car which on the rr made 173bhp.

I dont think there is a generic remap that will boost a standard car above 180

Most make 160/165bhp

I'd say if you remap a furby be aware that in the future your chances of needing a new turbo or clucth is increased - whichever way you look at it, and as the vrs's clutches and turbo's are weak its a hit and miss sort of thing.

i needed a clucth at 43k (no idea when mapped)

Is that rolling roaded at 185bhp as i doubt in reality it would be at that, i have a 190bhp 'map' on my car which on the rr made 173bhp.

I dont think there is a generic remap that will boost a standard car above 180

Most make 160/165bhp

I'd say if you remap a furby be aware that in the future your chances of needing a new turbo or clucth is increased - whichever way you look at it, and as the vrs's clutches and turbo's are weak its a hit and miss sort of thing.

i needed a clucth at 43k (no idea when mapped)

:rofl: Genric, do you know who your talking to :rofl:

I think if anyone can get 185bhp out of a car richard is the man to do it.

Mine is still running great btw Rich top job :thumbup:

p's got the pos boost deviation fault code yesterday, i expected it really as i was going for top speed, tops at 149mph on the GPS :D then limp mode :rofl:

No worrys tho i understand why it did it and i am glad it did it ;)

:rofl: Genric, do you know who your talking to :rofl:

I think if anyone can get 185bhp out of a car richard is the man to do it.

Mine is still running great btw Rich top job :thumbup:

p's got the pos boost deviation fault code yesterday, i expected it really as i was going for top speed, tops at 149mph on the GPS :D then limp mode :rofl:

No worrys tho i understand why it did it and i am glad it did it ;)

LOL

Never realised:thumbup:

Just thought it was a new member with a generic jabba/star/angel map claiming 185bhp

Anyhow got that Fmic for me yet:thumbup:

LOL

Never realised:thumbup:

Just thought it was a new member with a generic jabba/star/angel map claiming 185bhp

Anyhow got that Fmic for me yet:thumbup:

I dunno, its looking more and more that the fabia's going into storage, along with my landy and my motorbike.

parents wanted to buy it off me to give to my little sister to learn to drive in :rofl: i recon 230bhp and 367lbft would come in handy for 3 point turns ;)

would it create a stir if I said the best dyno on my BLT engine was 191bhp, I actually knocked a bit off due to the slight disbelief factor for most dyno's as we all know.

Ran it most days at 165-175bhp as I was doing lots of motorway miles then.

Glad yours is going well John. Limp mode at that speed is probably best if you want it to last ; ) I take it that was on a runway somewhere??

when u get a generic map is it 170 at the wheels or the fly wheel

Estimated at the flywheel with drivetrain losses taken into account.

For me if / when I do get a remap, I'll be heading to Jabba most likely.

I'd want a nice rev happy / gentle-ish one that won't lunch my standard clutch or waste my turbo and so a live RR map would be needed. Need to save up the £500 smackers for that.....or slap it on the plastic. :D

But first of all I think a change of insurer is needed. By all accounts Direct Line are pretty crummy with maps. They were a nightmare with the RARB and Cupra bushes putting my premium up by a fair old whack (about £100 per year plus the extra on the excess) for the 'uprated suspension'. Might give Chris Knott a try instead...see what they can do.

• 3 weeks later...
Do you think insurance companys are run by people who just fell off a bus?

They CAN tell and WILL look. If an amature like me can scan a cars ecu and see that its map counter is not 000001 then i am sure an insurance assessor would be able to tell you if you went to the toilet the morning before an accident.

My moto for re-mapping is, dont do it if your not prepared to pay the price.

I think it is best to tell the insurance company. You're right, insurance companies aren't stupid but at the same time they'd have to invest a lot of money when searching to find out whether you're VRS has been re-mapped or not; if you've been doored in Sansburys they'll probably not bother as its not economical. However, if you have rolled into someone's livingroom on christmas day it would be worth it for sure.

If your VRS is sparking the tarmac on 20's then they'd probably have more reason to find out too as its more likely than if you're 50 and your car is stock, its all about money at the end of the day.

But if you insist on not telling the insurance company I wouldn't have thought it'd put up anyone's premiums, they'd go down if anything because the insurance company wouldn't have to pay for any accidents you have.

Glad yours is going well John. Limp mode at that speed is probably best if you want it to last ; ) I take it that was on a runway somewhere??

errr yes..... runway ;)

Still running very strong mate, nearly 6k miles of very hard driving since you mapped it :D

Bit smokey now the weather is warmer but you know that doesnt really bother me :rofl:

dmf and clutch are lasting quite well too, i was expecting to have fried them both by now :eek: