Just wanted to say hi

justjames

Hello all!

Counting down the hours till I pick up my Fabia 1 tomorrow. This will be my first Skoda. Convinced my dad to buy a new Octavia a few months back and he loves it so much he's just bout my Fabia as a Christmas present - just can't wait. Test drove it and knew instantly it was for me. Convinced the garage to sell it to me even though they're supposed to keep showroom cars for 3 months (it had been registered for 4 days by that point - lol), bargain.

Somewhat of a novice when it comes to motoring terminology - please go easy on me :)

James

:wave: hiya and welcome, what variant have you managed to con your dad into buying you :thumbup: I got a Brut gift pack off mine :rofl:

The entry level. So, Fabia 1 1.2 60 HTP. Think it will do me fine until I finish uni. Would have preferred an extended test drive.

Was initially registered to the garage as a demo/showroom car, so they brought it down to £7k which I think is rather competitive in comparison to some of the smaller, small cars out there :cool:

What's gap insurance? Is that from the garage themselves? I've already phoned Tesco and notified them as of the change from 3PM today.

Justjames hows the car? hope it is better than expected.

GAP Insurance

Its a matter of choice of course. As soon as you drive the car off the forecourt you have lost money on the purchase. If your car is stolen or declared an insurance write-off then what you get from the insurance company is far less than what you paid for it. You then have a short fall when you go back to the garage to purchase a similar model. Gap insurance pays the difference.

Skoda tried to sell me it and it appeared a lot, as buying new it was the first I heard about it. Shopped around on the net and there are plenty of insurance companies that do it. Think it would include pre reg like yours but would check.

Being an old git and with SAGA transfered from old motor and informed its included for two years anyway.

Enjoy uni

Cheers

Hi Sicknote

Thanks for letting me know about gap. I'm popping back into the garage this week to sort that out. They mentioned it on the day but I was in a rush to get going. Sounds like a good idea though.

The Fabia has far surpassed my expectations. Took it on a drive to Wales a few days back to visit my girlfriend. Extremely comfortable, no back pain as in my old Matiz and plenty of ooomph even with the boot laden. I get excited about driving now days, I really hope this novelty doesn't wear off.

Thanks all for being so welcoming ;-)

Welcome/ 'tis a bit scary picking up your first brand new car. I remember getting my first fabia back in july 2001. :cool:

It was indeed a scary affair. Not soon after leaving the garage and attempting to use the indicators proved problematic with me signaling to the right and then left and back to the right. I hadn't quite grasped the sensitivity of the stick - the fact that there is the change lane option as well as the continuous mode. Silly me! Then there was the problem of reverse! Now I know to push down over to the top left.

Will get there in the end, already feeling comfortable and secure. Would be great to meet sometime.

Cheers.

Mattbeef, just tried to upload some photos. Have been lazy. Took some on the first day just in case I crashed it - lol. It's freezing out there right now but managed to get a few more. When I go to upload though under galleries it says I do not have permission to post?

Have for the meantime uploaded to Flickr: Skoda Fabia - a photoset on Flickr