vRS free equipment upgrade - will it continue?

Beefy

I'm just about to order a new Octavia vRS and am in a bit of a quandry about whether to order now before the year end and take advantage of the free equipment upgrade offer (18" alloys and jumbo box) or wait until Jan and see if there's a better offer. Does anyone have any insights? The dealers claim they don't know what offers will be in the New Year which I don't believe for a second.

Chris

The offer has been extended once already to my knowledge. I know it was due to finish with cars registered by end of Sept 07, then got extended to registered by 31/12/07.

I am in the same boat, due to order my VRS TDI in January for delivery 28 March 2008.

Talking to the dealers there's plenty of the cars with the equipment upgrade in stock so I reckon its going to be extended again, isn't January normally a quiet month for car sales as well?

I've haggled on price as well so I know where the floor is on the dealer's margin, just comes down this offer as to whether I order now or not.

As you are obviously pretty well down the purchase road why not order now, place a small deposit and ask for delivery in March.

I know the offer says registered before 31st Dec but AFAIK they are honouring the offer for cars ordered as well.

As you are obviously pretty well down the purchase road why not order now, place a small deposit and ask for delivery in March.

I know the offer says registered before 31st Dec but AFAIK they are honouring the offer for cars ordered as well.

I ordered my new car a week or so before Christmas, looking at mid March delivery and I'm receiving the free equipment upgrade.

Did notice on the Skoda website that the equipment upgrade is for cars registered before 31/12/07 and the low rate finance and three years free servicing is for cars ordered by 31/12/07.

Neil

Talking to the dealers there's plenty of the cars with the equipment upgrade in stock so I reckon its going to be extended again, isn't January normally a quiet month for car sales as well?

I've haggled on price as well so I know where the floor is on the dealer's margin, just comes down this offer as to whether I order now or not.

Care to share your haggled price/deal ? Be interested as my dealer is due a visit from me next weekend.....

I ordered my new car a week or so before Christmas, looking at mid March delivery and I'm receiving the free equipment upgrade.

Did notice on the Skoda website that the equipment upgrade is for cars registered before 31/12/07 and the low rate finance and three years free servicing is for cars ordered by 31/12/07.

Neil

Was it a factory order?

Care to share your haggled price/deal ? Be interested as my dealer is due a visit from me next weekend.....

Well, having played a couple of dealers off against each other I've just ordered a Race Blue vRS with the free equipment upgrade and rear parking sensors, cruise control and maxidot. I specifically wanted the car quickly, not a factory order, so I approached the dealers saying I just want the basic spec with the free equipment upgrade and got them to tell me what was in stock in the dealer network with that spec, there aren't any just with the free equipment upgrade so admittedly I've ended up with a couple of things I don't need (CC and parking sensors) but all in I got them down to £17,175 from a list of £18,635 for that spec. Should get the car in 10 days.

For the base model with the equipment upgrade and metallic the best I was offered was £16,700 - but that would have been a factory order.

Apologies if I've just broken all the forum rules by discussing price, I know on my last owners group (VX220) people got very stressed about discussing prices for some reason.

Good luck haggling, is amazing how dealers treat you like an idiot.

Ps. I had much more luck haggling over the phone than in person at dealerships, they cut to the chase on the phone rather than patronising you quite so much.

Chris

Well, having played a couple of dealers off against each other I've just ordered a Race Blue vRS with the free equipment upgrade and rear parking sensors, cruise control and maxidot. I specifically wanted the car quickly, not a factory order, so I approached the dealers saying I just want the basic spec with the free equipment upgrade and got them to tell me what was in stock in the dealer network with that spec, there aren't any just with the free equipment upgrade so admittedly I've ended up with a couple of things I don't need (CC and parking sensors) but all in I got them down to £17,175 from a list of £18,635 for that spec. Should get the car in 10 days.

For the base model with the equipment upgrade and metallic the best I was offered was £16,700 - but that would have been a factory order.

Apologies if I've just broken all the forum rules by discussing price, I know on my last owners group (VX220) people got very stressed about discussing prices for some reason.

Good luck haggling, is amazing how dealers treat you like an idiot.

Ps. I had much more luck haggling over the phone than in person at dealerships, they cut to the chase on the phone rather than patronising you quite so much.

Chris

good stuff, youve got nearly the full 8 percent that dealers can give off the octy! very well done i say :D

I got a TFSI vRS with added xenons, rear parking sensors, maxidot, heated seats, cruise and metallic for £17690 plus the equipment upgrade. The list price for a bog standard one is £17725 so I think I did alright.

Also got the three years free servicing and the 5.2% APR finance.

This is a factory order, due week 12.

Neil

The free upgrade was on cars registered before 31st December.

Unfortunately if you factory order yours now, there's no chance it can be registered before 31st December, because of the 12 week lead time on orders.

This seemed a bit rediculous to me, but its how my dealer explained it. When I told them I wanted one with the free upgrade and was ordering mid-December I asked them why they were still advertising the deal, if there was no way at that point they could still achieve it? After a bit of to-ing and fro-ing they agreed to do it.

Octavia VRs TDI Estate, black, free equipment upgrade (18's, jumbo box and light pack, electric rear windows), plus I added curtain airbags, and privacy glass. Should have gone for the silver roof rails (would look nice on black car), and Xenons (couldn't afford them). Wouldn't intentionally pay extra for Sat-Nav (have a TomTom, goes in any car, can be taken with you, and is much cheaper).

Arrives week 5 ish.

However, I looked on the updated Skoda website last Friday, and although the "free equipment upgrade" doesn't seem to apply anymore, you can now get heated front seats for free?!

However, I looked on the updated Skoda website last Friday, and although the "free equipment upgrade" doesn't seem to apply anymore, you can now get heated front seats for free?!

Have not noticed that - can you post a link or tell us where that is on the website?

D'oh should have been more specific :blush:

Right, its on the Configurator. I followed this route:

From the main Skoda site, select Octavia Estate > Build Your Own. Starts the Configurator.

Then select:

Octavia Estate > 2.0 TDI PD 170bhp > Black Magic > scroll down on the options list, and "Heated Front Seats" is showing at £0.

Might not be an offical "freebie", but the website does show it at £0.... and if you take your configuration right to the end, it still shows as £0.

I'm not totally sure that configurator is working 100%, as I keep getting an error when trying to select some options (although Heated Front Seats works fine).

I am also assuming that because "Electric Rear Windows" is not an optional extra anymore, this is now standard for 2008 cars?

NB... Not sure whether this £0 Heated Front Seats thing will work on the other cars of different configuration (e.g. Octavia VRs hatch, petrol versions etc, as I haven't tried configuring anything else - it might just be a glitch with the website).

Skoda website updated - Free VRS upgrade extended until 31 March 2008 :thumbup::D

It is a very good offer but I'm surprised they've continued it as it has an effect on the used values at the dealers.

So, they plenty of cars..........10 days, yep thats how long it took to get my vRS. Frankly i am shocked that people feel they need to factory order, i mean its not a Porsche!

Mike

Its not a Porsche, but the ones in stock (and actually there are very few with the equipment upgrade at the moment, according to the two dealers I spoke to in December), there are none with added curtain airbags (a pre-requisite for me - and why this is an 'optional extra' these days and not 'standard' I'll never know) and privacy glass.... hence if you want something that isn't standard, you have to factory order. Otherwise, I wouldn't have picked a brand new car anyway, due to depreciation etc... :o

The 3 year deal with Skoda Solutions package... 5.2% apr, 30k miles servicing, 3 years warranty, 3 years breakdown.

Also If you notice it does say free equipment upgrade on ORDERS before 31st March. Think this has cleared up the confusion of the last 6 months where it has been or registered before said date and factory orders placed before said date.

Just placed my order this morning - off to the dealers later to sign the papers.

VRS TDI, Race Blue

Free 18" Wheels and Dual Zone A/C, Rear Electric Windows & Jumbo Box

Rear Parking Sensors

Auto Dimming Mirror/Rain Sensor/Light Assistant

Cruise

Maxidot

Xenons

Factory order, delivery for 29th March 2008

Cant Wait.......:D