European Road Trip Sept 2008

expostmanpat

see this thread for details :)

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/international-skoda-meets/2008-road-trip/91277/

Going to be booking accomodation end of Jan early Feb so will be requiring funds from all wishig to participate. The amount required is nominally £400 pp to cover B&B for 8 nights. Until I know numbers/ make bookings I am unable to give an exact figure (may get discount if enough go), but should be able to manage on this based on a min. of 2 sharing. This is the only money I will require, individuals will be responsable for their own ferry/fuel/tolls/food/insurance/etc and the trip is non-profit making:cool: and any surplus will be returned (and any excess charged:rofl:)

Single rooms may be availabe if required, but would imagine cost will be prohibative.

Please add your names and I will PM you details for payment.

This trip is not organised by BRISKODA and is not an Official BRISKODA event usual disclaimers etc apply.

Individuals will be responsable for arranging their own medical/health/travel insurance....a must in the countries we are visiting, also recovery cover for their own vehicles in the case of breakdown or accident, suitable vehicle insurance and meeting the laws of the country being travelled through. Whilst i will provide a route for each day and endevour to have everyone stay together it will be the responsability of the individual to make it to the evenings accomodation, sat nav with european maps is reccomended, at the very least a good map (neither of which is provided)

Andrew

I really wanna go on this trip but money will not be ready until June/July :(

Sorry Will I really do need the funds in place in order to book hotels, as it will only be one night in each hotel and booking x rooms IMHO I will need to book sooner rather than later and probably have to pay up front.:o

Just checked ring times on Jasons thread, and it is unfortunately only open 1800 to 1930 on sat 13 th :( When I get a full list of whos coming then we will have to decide wether to extend stay to 2 nights in Germany (ring open all day sun 14th) or just have a lazy saturday and maybe a couple of laps and a later sailing, unless a Dosky trip is organised and peeps want to proceed to that (Will :))

i've got the money , but my head isn't really working properly (depression) at the moment to get myself organised , hopefully i can get something sorted soon :(

can't even make a decision on Jasons Ring trip :(

Aww Ric why you depressed? Did Kelly not cheer you up? (lololol)

nowt to do with Kelly , and i did have an extremely good night the "LOLOL" ladies, :rofl:

i've been a bit depressed for a couple of months , medication sometimes works , sometimes doesn't :(

1) Postman Pat + Mrs PPat

2) Simonsheil + 1

3) Apd007 Cheque received co drive available

4) Kaiserb co drive available

5) Ric04vrs

I will be collecting money and booking this trip in the next 2 weeks or so, so anyone wishing to take advantage of a co driving seat please add your name to avoid any problems trying to book additional hotel rooms at a later date,

Thanks Andrew

just been having a play on Google maps,

le chalet reynard - Google Maps

Follow the D974 North West to Malaucene, this is part of the 'Mt. Ventoux' route. :)

sondalo - Google Maps

Follow the ss38 North from Sondalo, keep going till you reach Stelvio, :D

zell am see - Google Maps

from zell am see follow 311 south to junction with Glocknerstrasse (Wald), this thin ribbon of road will be our passage over the Alps and into Austria :)

swmbo as turned white and ordered me to get bigger brakes fitted :rofl: