Headlights removal

ivanj

Stupidly I had a bulb changed by my local Skoda dealer and now the unit is full of condensation - poor workmanship from them comes as no surprise!

How do I remove the passenger side headlight unit and dismantle it - is that possible ?

Thanks

Ivan

Baker 21 is your man, he will be able to tell you exactly how to do all of this. I am sure he will be along shortly....

LOL.......here to be of assitance even if 5 hours behind you guys.....

1) In the front wheel arches there are around 3 Torx screws at the forward front section of the wheel arch lining and one that screws through the bumper into the wing, remove these on both sides of the car;

2) With the bonnet up you will notice 3 Torx screws that screw into the bumper support, remove these;

3) Looking underneath the front bumper you will find around 5 or 6 Tors screws bolting the bumper to the undertray, remove these;

4) Then you will be able to pull the front bumper forwards and off the car;

5) You will then be able to see 2 Torx screws underneath each headlamp and if you look down the back of the headlamp, inside the bonnet, there are another 1 or 2 I believe, remove these;

6) Headlamp can be taken out and reverse this process to refit them.

If you have condensation in your headlamp then by simply running them illuminated will get rid of it but you must prevent this and the reason they have condensation in them is because someone hasn't put a cap on the back of the headlamp on correctly or there is dirt trapped in the seal......

Edited by Baker21

• 11 months later...
LOL.......here to be of assitance even if 5 hours behind you guys.....

1) In the front wheel arches there are around 3 Torx screws at the forward front section of the wheel arch lining and one that screws through the bumper into the wing, remove these on both sides of the car;

2) With the bonnet up you will notice 3 Torx screws that screw into the bumper support, remove these;

3) Looking underneath the front bumper you will find around 5 or 6 Tors screws bolting the bumper to the undertray, remove these;

4) Then you will be able to pull the front bumper forwards and off the car;

5) You will then be able to see 2 Torx screws underneath each headlamp and if you look down the back of the headlamp, inside the bonnet, there are another 1 or 2 I believe, remove these;

6) Headlamp can be taken out and reverse this process to refit them.

If you have condensation in your headlamp then by simply running them illuminated will get rid of it but you must prevent this and the reason they have condensation in them is because someone hasn't put a cap on the back of the headlamp on correctly or there is dirt trapped in the seal......

And finally the look you will end up with.....LOL......

DSC03504.jpg

All worked a dream! Also discovered 5 missing screws in various locations - off to the dealer to get some replacements.

Thanks again,

Matthew

All worked a dream! Also discovered 5 missing screws in various locations - off to the dealer to get some replacements.

Thanks again,

Matthew

Yeah I noticed a few missing as well but it's a good time to replace them...........:thumbup: