Hello - just picked up our Octy II

ged.fi

Hello everyone,

We finally picked up our Island Green Octy II Combi last Wednesday (Jan 2nd), as the Finnish taxation changed this year. That meant the list price went down with more than 4000 €, as the CO2 emissions are now the base for the car tax.

Lots of thanks to all of you here at briskoda, you were one of the factors that helped us decide a Skoda may actually be a car after all. ;) I have been lurking here for several months already.

Greetings from Finland.

Cheers,

//ged

That's an interesting idea - the new car price directly affected by emissions , especially by thousands of Euros

In the UK we pay an annual road tax on each vehicle with most cars paying between £100 and £200 a year but the tax on new vehicles is at the same rate for everything.

It wouldn't suit everyone , but wouldn't do me any harm as I'm likely to be buying fuel efficient cars anyway.

Oh , and welcome to Briskoda.

Naah, no pics. Weather was terrible at first, and now the missus is the one driving it and we are getting loads of snow instead.

But trust me, it looks good underneath the muck and snow. :)

That's an interesting idea - the new car price directly affected by emissions , especially by thousands of Euros

In the UK we pay an annual road tax on each vehicle with most cars paying between £100 and £200 a year but the tax on new vehicles is at the same rate for everything.

It wouldn't suit everyone , but wouldn't do me any harm as I'm likely to be buying fuel efficient cars anyway.

Oh , and welcome to Briskoda.

The Irish taxing system has changed this yr also (well it will from July) and takes the cars CO2 and places each into 1 of 7 grades. This determins the ammount of VRT on the car, however we still have a set VAT rate on top of the combined car price plus the VRT.

Then annual road tax is based on the engine size, and come Feb 1st, this is going up also :thumbdwn:, up to 2.5 goes up 9% - over 2.5 is 11%, (my figures are close if not exact)

The Irish government know how to sc*ew the poor motorist :thumbdwn::(