Grieving Fabia vRS owner

steve.petrina

I own a Fabia vRS that was purchased new 3 years ago and has done122,000 km.

It has begun smoking and has developed a drivetrain vibration under acceleration.

Computer diagnosis was inconclusive so by elimination 2 injectors were replaced which reduced the smoking but not the vibration. Dismantling of the transmission revealed a damaged fly wheel and excessive clutch wear. Investigations show some reports of fly wheel failure in VW golfs with the same engine and trans. This car has not been driven hard as it''s still on original brake pads and only its 2nd set of tyres.

Either this is a one off and I have bought a "lemon" or.... the drive train and transmission are not robust enough to cope with the torque production over time.

Has anyone else run a Fabia vRS for as long as me and encountered similar failures?

My Fabia has been off the road for 8 weeks and God I miss it!!

There are lots of reports of DMF failure :thumbdwn:

On the upside there are quite a few cars on here which have exceeded that mileage without problem - some also which have been remapped.

Dual Mass Flywheels can be troublesome - I believe there are many horror stories on other makes i.e. a lot lower mileage.

Do a search.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune - and the long time the car has been off the road.