Remap for VRS running on LPG?

nlsea

Hi

Can a VRS running on LPG be remapped?

If so, can the same sort of BHP/torque figures be acheived?

What cost and what sort of results if standard apart from K&N & Blueflame cat back system fitted?

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Mine runs a Impossible re-map/FMIC/Full Exhaust/CAI on LPG and its fine.

I've no idea what LPG kit your usuing but most of the modern ones use the map thats on the ECU so if you re-map it will use whats there.

It might pay to get it check tuned by your installer afterwards to make sure its all ok though.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!

Finally the change to give some input with all the Einsteins here... (see my low posting)

Yes it goes very well together.

Says a vRS driver doing 22k miles a year. (remap, K&N)

I fitted LPG 15 months ago and the remap (by some Dutch tuner) 20.000km (12000 miles) back, still without any mentional problems.

The thing with LPG I don`t do hard working, than switching to E98 since it gets to hot for my idea. (cruising max 94 mph)

Obviously not @ Autobahn speeds!

Than again E98 because you have to drive this, daily is best :P

In figures max about 0.6 bar on the gauge, but all according to my theory. (others may go 1.1, speak them after 2 years...)

But most 1.8t drive more carefull when running on LPG I guess. (although in German forums you read horor!)

I have a OHG system, wich is a bit different compared to brands as Vialle.

Oil seems to get quicker on temperature, but this has nothing to do with te remap probably.

The sparkplugs need replacing now I think; after a quicker drive home at night the engine is running

f.. bad the next morning, but just the first 50meters and again probably not cause of the remap.

- for the remap there were 2 programs that needed to be upgraded, the second one is probably a 'safe mode'.

Thing is since a few months back the engine light came on and VAG-COM says it is nr. 17544 - Fuel Trim: Bank 1 (Add): System too Lean.

Don`t know if this has something to do with the LPG or the remap...

Since my car is well serviced and handled with love I think/hope it is nothing big. (reset it now and then)

- second thing that when the engine light comes on it sometimes will go in that 'safe-mode', max 0.4bar on the gauge...

Very irritating when seeing a stupid lease-car in the rear mirror!

Again not sure if it has something to do with the remap, no problems again when dash is normal. (95% of the time)

Just get it remapped!

It`s a standard fuel car if LPG is switched off.

Maybe a different sparkplug than standard for better performance, but haven`t done that. (yet)

Hope above helps ya.

Greeting, Snoetje (Dutch proud Briskodian)