anyway of putting a vrs back to standard

Im on my mums insurance which is £504 fully comp with protected no claims. Im happy with that!!

Make sure the car is registered in her name as well and that she is the main driver/user of it otherwise you're committing fraud......

Chris

It does seem a bit expensive. I'm currently paying just over £550 for a mapped vRS, 4/5years younger than you and have a 1/4 of the amount of no-claims, includes business miles and some other changes too. Thats with elephant who are owned by admiral :confused:

I'd leave it mapped, it seems daft to pay money to have the car flashed back to standard. How much were you paying on your VTS?

Was paying about £400 on the VTS which is a group 14. I just dont wanna pay £700 insurance.

No im not sure what BHP the remap has made im going to book it in on a rolling road see what its putting out.

Questions:

Without the above how do you know it has been remapped?

Was it advertised as such, if not advertised as such, you would have no knowledge of it's enhanced performance surely?;)

I would have thought that a dealer would need to disclose the full specification including any known modifactions for the sale and potential warranty issues.

I bought my VRS from a dealers believing it was standard!

Which infact turns out it wasn't. Had a star performance swithcable map on it, was running a PD160 intake and green cotton panel filter. Also came with heated seats and cruise which the dealer never knew

I have scanned this thread and I don't think anyone has mentioned this so far. If your insurance is very expensive you should try using price comparison site (like confused.com) AND phone as many other insurance companies as you can think of. They are nearly all 0800 numbers anyway and most of them have lines open until 8PM or later. Make sure you know the details of the policy you are buying though (i.e. details about courtesy cars and legal cover etc.)

Hey guys,

Not sure how much help this will be, but could try calling Graeme at Ashley Insurance Brokers on 01785 214444. I'm 26 with 2 years NCD and the best deal I found on the internet was £800. Called Graeme and he did me a deal through AXA at £550 for my standard 55 plate vrs.:thumbup:

I am 23 have 4 years no claims bonus and mine is £450 with all my mods below declared. :D I am insured with ensign and can mod anything at no extra cost by just telling them.

I have 2 no fault accidents and 1 fault write off :(

So you could put in a 4.5 V8 flat plane AJP cerbera engine into it and no issues or you could push it to such a hgigh state of tune that after every mi,le it would need a rebuild... come off it thats utter rubbish.

Questions:

Without the above how do you know it has been remapped?

Was it advertised as such, if not advertised as such, you would have no knowledge of it's enhanced performance surely?;)

It makes no difference if you have an accident and its found to be non std and you didnt know tough you are the registered keeper & then you would have to prove through going to court that the previous seller had not informed you of the modification.

This is my biggest issue with remaps they should be identified to the DVLA and the emmissions rechecked and VED banding changed if necessary otherwise you could lie get ins on a std car then have an accident you at fault injuring the other party your uninsured so you will have to pay their medical bills for lfe which could be many millions.

In all honesty reading this full thread it appears that the buyer has been missold - he may have ben naive but the situation stands.

If in the advert it mentions no such remap then you have a claim against the company who should then pay for it to be put back to normal and if not then you can give them the car back as its your staturary rights.

If you do go ahead and dont inform then of the exhaust or remap I hope you get caught and suffer the consequences.

Financially though you state it would be £400 std and £700 remapped + exhaust. Now a remap removal will be say £300 and then a std exhaust will be a futher £250-400 so your talking about £550-700 to get the car back as it should be, what you should consider is that after 1 year of ownership it will decrease the premium so the difference between the two £ wise will reduce year on year.

Id firstly look at getting he dealer to take the car back if I were you as there are plenty of vRS out there its a buyers market