Strange noise after switching off

Hi all, came home from work today and after switching off the engine, a strange sound/noise could be heard from the engine, sounded a bit like long a fart:eek:,with a distinct change in pitch half way thru, lasted about 5-6 seconds. Started and switched engine off without driving anywhere no sound, then drove round block and switched off and again the sound could be heard.

Before I take it down to the stealers, anybody else come across this problem? The car is a 1.9tdi, 2007.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all, came home from work today and after switching off the engine, a strange sound/noise could be heard from the engine, sounded a bit like long a fart:eek:,with a distinct change in pitch half way thru, lasted about 5-6 seconds. Started and switched engine off without driving anywhere no sound, then drove round block and switched off and again the sound could be heard.

Before I take it down to the stealers, anybody else come across this problem? The car is a 1.9tdi, 2007.

Thanks in advance.

I had exactly what you're describing.

Took mine to dealers when flywheel recall was in circulation. Service manager said that was the problemwith mine and had flywheel and clutch replaced. Went to pick car up and service manager asked me to step outside of the showroom (to avoid his obvious embarrassment) and told me that noise was still present.

Fault eventually found at a later date and was due to a sticking throttle body, apparently gunked up with diesel soot. Part replaced under warranty and no probs since............ that was 13months ago.

Hope this helps!!

i have a small whine noise which lasts 5-10 seconds after i turn it off, just wondering if its the unspent fuel being pumped back to the tank?

just had a brand new ambiente estate with 90 miles on the clock as a hire car and it also had this noise - to me its sounded like it came from the dash area. As it was not my car I wasn't overly concerned!....but I wondered also if it was the fuel pump......you sometimes here it on my mk1 octavia but it is much much quieter

just had a brand new ambiente estate with 90 miles on the clock as a hire car and it also had this noise - to me its sounded like it came from the dash area. As it was not my car I wasn't overly concerned!....but I wondered also if it was the fuel pump......you sometimes here it on my mk1 octavia but it is much much quieter

I've got the same whine from mine too, sounds like it comes from the dash, bit strange but not really worried by it. I'll mention it when it eventually needs it's first service.

I sometimes have a clicking sound coming from under the right hand (of steering wheel) side.

Questioned dealer when it went in for warranty work and the service manager said it was the fuel pump relay switching off? Not fixable either (so he said). Doesn't do it on every switch off though.