Central Locking Nightmare

The central locking has been doing things on 02 Octy Vrs.

1)For a few days the flashing lnext the chrome door button has been on all the time

2) Yesterday it wouldn't open the driver's door, the other opened with the remote, I had use the key for the drivers. Then had to lock the drivers by key.

3) Last night all 4 windows opened for no reason, so this morning found a car full of rain and hailstones - Nightmare.

Is this the sign of a faulty central locking controller?

All advice welcome. Help!!!! I don't want the windows opening again.

Please help:finger:

im sure there's something in the car owners manual about if you hold down the unlock button all the windows open and the car unlocks.

and there's some other thing you can do that only locks/unlocks the drivers door.

sounds like the central locking brain is getting confused!

try looking it up in the manual if you haven't already. you might be able to disable the window opening feature by having a fiddle.

think you have to have the key in the ignition or something funny while you press the keyfob buttons to change some settings.

im not sure if im helping here, i just seem to be ranting!

oh also if you press the keyfob buttons too many times while out of range of the car, it will forget your car, and you'll have to pair them up again.

basically there seem to be all sorts of weird things the central locking does.

bring back the key and winders!

i think im still ranting.....

I have an Octavia 1.9tdi with a similar problem, in my case the the immobiliser light is on and the offside passenger window goes down when I switch off the engine. The only way to stop it is to open a door(not the drivers) before switching off.

Some research done by my son suggests this may be caused by a connector in the drivers door being affected by water. As yet I have not had chance to check this out.

Hopefully this may be of help.

While on this subject, how does the door panel come off? I can see the 4 torx screws on the front and back edges of the door, but is it necessary to remove the switch panel first and if so how?:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Its condensation in the plug on the black box in the drivers door, guaranteed. Had exactly the same problem with windows opening overnight, and intermittent doors working, windows going up and down on their own accord while driving. All started with tell-tale sytmptom of LED indicator in top of drivers door staying on all the time. See this...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/octavia-i/central-locking-fault/74563/

theres some photos i took of the rusty connector and plenty of info to help you along, and i will stress again, if anybody wishes to save some cash and your near stafford-dire i can carry out the hard soldering work, if its in repairable condition of course, I've now done 2 cars with the same problem successfully