Vrs Tyres.

Hello there all you Vrs owners. I have A question regarding tyres. My car is a Vrs Tdi 170. 2007 fitted with Continental sport contact 2 , 225-40-18. I have done just over 5000 miles and as you would expect the tyres on the front are about half worn. I've just swopped front to rear etc. and i am wondering whether when I come to replace them what to go for? I have thought about michelin but nobody can tell me what the handling will be like. It's fair to say I'm an enthusiastic driver so I don't want to compromise handling for tyre longevity to that great a degree.Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

A vote for Falken FK-452. Pretty much as good as the Michelin Pilot Sports imho but for a lot less money and survived 20k miles of my abuse :D Toyo T1-R's also seem to be popular.

Chris

Much that it pains me but I agree with you! :o;)

I've just replaced the fronts which were Michelins PS2's (which are very good BUT expensive) with these Falkens and so far I've been very impressed :thumbup:

There is quite a bit of useful info in this thread;-

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/octavia-ii/octy-vrs-new-tyres/89324/

I had Michelin Pilot Exalto 2s from new and found them excellent if a little lacking in grip in cold/wet/damp conditions. I spoke with Michelin Technical who told me that the Pilot Sport 2s would give better grip all round at the expense of wear.

Decided to get a set of Ultrac Sessantas at Christmas and find them every bit as good as the Michelins but better in the wet and they are around 25% cheaper.

I'd recommend either.

Thanks for all your replies lads, (and lasses if there are any!!) Certainly some food for thought there. Any more suggestions are most welcome. Ta!:):)

In my opinion the standard Michelin Pilot Exaltos were dam right dangerous in the wet. Very understeering without too much provoking and when they went, they WENT!

Got shot of them with around 900 miles on.

Replaced them with Michelin Pilot SPort 2's and the difference is amazing. Off the line in the damp the power gets put down far better and powering through corners, the car just feels far better; turn in was improved nicely.

From previous (more) powerful front wheen drive cars Ive also rated Uniroyal Rainsport 2's - probably the best wet weather tyre imo and Falken FK452's - amazing value for money imo.

Lee