Difference between 1.9Tdi 105PD VS 130PD

sbfx

Hi,

I'm trying to understand whats the difference between a 1.9Tdi PD 105Bhp vs 1.9tdi PD 130BHP? I want to know this as I would like to remap my new 1.9tdi PD 105BHP and wanted to achieve the same figures of the 130BHP engine!

Regards,

Satyam.

Hi,

I'm trying to understand whats the difference between a 1.9Tdi PD 105Bhp vs 1.9tdi PD 130BHP? I want to know this as I would like to remap my new 1.9tdi PD 105BHP and wanted to achieve the same figures of the 130BHP engine!

Regards,

Satyam.

The PD105 is a slightly newer version of the 1.9 TDI engine than the PD130.

I believe it has a different turbo and injectors as well as some other more minor changes , but if you have it remapped you should get very similar power to a standard PD130.

It obviously won't get you a six speed gearbox as the PD130 came paired with in the Mk1 VRS , but it should be a big improvement to drive.

Thanks for the replies guys, well mine doesn't have a 6th gear, the reason I want to know this is because when I was seeing info about a remap I noticed that the 130PD could be tuned to 160+Bhp whereas the regular 105PD upto 130HP.

I want to know what would I have to do to achieve the same figures as the 130PD! i.e. 160+Bhp.

Regards,

Satyam.

Changing the turbo would be the best place to start , but if you are going to go to that expense and trouble you might want to think about going for a significantly bigger turbo which wouldn't be that much more expensive.

I don't know for certain if the turbo from a PD130 would bolt straight on , but it's quite likely that it would. I'm sure someone will be along soon who knows for sure.

Remapping companies claim that you get just above 140bhp from the 105pd so will be better than a standard vrs book figures anyway as I know lots of standard Fabia vrs' have shown more on rollers.

Youcould also change the air filter and exhaust to get closer to the 160bhp you're after.

the turbo and injectors are different, also the 105 has the later EDC16 ecu fitted.

our standard re-map gives 35 bhp, but we can get 155 bhp if we do a special file :) but the stock clutch will not last long term.

• 3 weeks later...

guys - i have a 105 PD that i just got with 14000 miles on the clock and i live in northern ireland - is the ecu re-map something i can do myself (after paying dervdoctor for files obviously) or does the car need hooked up to diagnostic kit and rolling road ? problem is i dont have a clue who does this sort of thing in NI.

guys - i have a 105 PD that i just got with 14000 miles on the clock and i live in northern ireland - is the ecu re-map something i can do myself (after paying dervdoctor for files obviously) or does the car need hooked up to diagnostic kit and rolling road ? problem is i dont have a clue who does this sort of thing in NI.

It's not a complicated process however it is best to have someone who knows what they are doing just incase even with a generic remp which is just an upload. There are a few out of the box options such as a Superchips Bluefin (Compatible with the PD 105) and then there is always This

Heard many good things about the Superchips Bluefin device! Will be getting one soon myself. Provides a good upgrade for the PD105. Also consider a panel filter and pd160 air intake.

Are we sure that the pd130 has different injectors to the pd105? I was led to believe that they are the same! As the injectors would be pretty much ok in terms of handling anything from 90bhp to about 200bhp! Anyone know for sure??

Regards,

Mark

• 1 month later...

Hello Guys,

I have had my car chipped with the Custom Codes remap (Stage One), its been great so far! but would like to know more as to how to achieve 180odd BHP I'm ready to upgrade injectors, turbo, brakes, intercooler and clutch. I would like to know wheres the best place to source and the right part no for my car. I'm from India so I would have to import all the parts.

Hoping you guys can help me on this one.

Best Regards,

Satyam Bachani.

• 9 years later...
On 20/02/2008 at 23:57, dervdoctor said:

the turbo and injectors are different, also the 105 has the later EDC16 ecu fitted.

our standard re-map gives 35 bhp, but we can get 155 bhp if we do a special file :) but the stock clutch will not last long term.

Just to let me people know I have been reading about pd130 injectors fit 105 engines and the answer is yes I changed mine this morning and fair play started 1st time and pulls very well for standed caddy..so for all u people it does work...

On 20/02/2008 at 23:57, dervdoctor said:

Just to let me people know I have been reading about pd130 injectors fit 105 engines and the answer is yes I changed mine this morning and fair play started 1st time and pulls very well for standed caddy..so for all u people it does work...