Fabia - Both front windows auto open?

potatoboy

I came out to my Fabia today and both electric front windows were fully open today. I thought I had locked the car as normal with the key last night but something has caused them to auto open. Can someone explain what causes this as I think this is the second time it's happened.

:confused:

Mark

Nottingham

• 5 months later...

This query is a good few months old with no responses. My front windows have also decided to spontaneously auto open. It has happened 3 times in a short period and not since. Is this a 'feature' which is being activated when it shouldn't? A friend has a Land Rover which opens all the windows if the remote button is kept pressed down for a few seconds, apparently to let the air in just before you get in the vehicle!

Any guidance would be welcome.

Thanks

2001 Fabia Estate 1.9TDi

The feature is normally activated if you unlock/lock the car with the blipper insert the key and if you turn it either left or right (can't rememeber which way) then both front windows will start opening / closing. You do need to hold the key in the positon until fully open/closed.

I think that there is no way of using the blipper to do this, It's something that would be usefull of course, but only when you intend to do it not randomly.....

Hope this helps.....

In both cases, it sounds like a problem with the convenience unit - first port of call would be a 'soft reset' by locating the relevant fuse and pulling it out for a minute or so...

Thanks very much for the suggestions, I'll try them next time it happens, if it does...... These modern cars are far too clever for my liking - 'soft reset' indeed!

I think that there is no way of using the blipper to do this, It's something that would be usefull of course, but only when you intend to do it not randomly.....

Hope this helps.....

skudmissile has this feature on his blipper,it can be enabled somehow(i have no idea how)and it is somthing he has done,so i would think he could possibly explain how its done:thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Ive recently had this problem as well but i put this down to the fact that we had a crash which resulted in 2 new offside doors,wing,mirror & repair to windscreen pillar etc.

Coming to the car one morning both electric windows down & central locking activated, when you moved the wiring between the bodywork & the door the windows went down etc.Took it back to the repairer who took a week to solve the problem, said they stripped it back but couldnt find anything, seems to be fine now touch wood.

They did try & tell me it could be a problem with a control unit due to water ingress, apparently from a vw bulletin