Changing the spark plugs

ethos

Oh right, nice!

Fleabay doesn't have any for the AUQ. Maybe i'll ring the dealer up and see how much they charge there. Might not be anymore than GSF.

Not sure if I need a coilpack too, great.

I assume the car is alright to drive for a couple days whilst I get this sorted? :D

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

before buying the new maf you can try washing it.

it is done by removing it out from the car, washing with iso propanol or contacts cleaner based on iso propanol , drying it and installing it back. sometimes it can help.

her is the guide:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/technical-guides/guide-how-clean-your-maf-sensor/50058/

good luck

igor

LL, I think it must be v.slighty on the way out as it only missfired for like 10 seconds out of loads (see logs).

UPDATE;

Just rung skoda, they said the part is £84 but if I give them my old one it'll be £64... and they'd fit it for free!!

Good service yet again from my local.

They were a bit funny with me self diagonising so I really hope i'm right now :o

£64 fitted seems good enough for a nice new MAF, forgot to ask about a coil though but assume they'd have them in stock as they must be a pretty common thing!

They should, GSF I think do em cheaper though. Get a full set so you know alls good?

£90 for a full set delivered from GSF, I'm semi tempted to be honest...

Moving in with SWMBO very soon hopefully so may as well spend it before she starts looking into my spending habits closer :D

£90 for a full set delivered from GSF, I'm semi tempted to be honest...

Moving in with SWMBO very soon hopefully so may as well spend it before she starts looking into my spending habits closer :D

Yes mate get them now, while you still can!!!! Spending money on my car these days is not easy. :(

You have got to learn the tricks, if its to do with fixing the car its ok with them after all its cheaper than the garage. If its to do with extra mods then noooo way.

So for example if you need a new exhaust you would be better off getting a stainless one as it will last longer, and so on.

Do you get my drift? :D

Yes, I really want a CAI at some point!

A cat got stuck in the erm... vent and you saved it and returned it to the owners but now the "tube" is bent and you need a new one?

....am I anygood at it yet? :D

Oh and you didn't answer my question about the coilpacks!!!!!!!!

Yes, I really want a CAI at some point!

A cat got stuck in the erm... vent and you saved it and returned it to the owners but now the "tube" is bent and you need a new one?

....am I anygood at it yet? :D

Oh and you didn't answer my question about the coilpacks!!!!!!!!

You need to work on that a little.

I think they had just started supplying Bremi packs and probably had not updated the price but that was the price inc free p+p.

Yes you can regap as stated here Installation Guide: DENSO Iridium but be careful.

I also got mine from the states at around £22 inc postage iirc.

Thank you very much for this info.

I luckily haven't blown any of my coil packs but i noticed increased consumption after the plugs change.

I regaped the plugs yesterday. It wasn't to delicate at all. Now the consumption is back to normal around 32mpg.

Cheers

Igor

i fitted a new set of the standard NGK plugs bought from my local Skoda dealer a couple of weeks ago.

They came pre-gapped, but i double checked them all anyway.

car seems a bit smoother on idle, but cant really say theres much difference.

the old plugs had been in there for a long time (possibly 80k), and the finger like prong electrode jobbers were quite worn away on their sides.

simple job. Skoda gave me them for £8 a plug + VAT.

Well, all fitted today and the errors have gone. Was reading something like 3-4g on idle but didn't log.

I tried to floor it and the car was wheeling spinning in 1st, 2nd and 3rd?!!!

Was really bad as well, must just be grimey roads at the moment or something but have never experienced it that bad before!

Coilpacks should arrive today or tomorrow.

Well, all fitted today and the errors have gone. Was reading something like 3-4g on idle but didn't log.

I tried to floor it and the car was wheeling spinning in 1st, 2nd and 3rd?!!!

Was really bad as well, must just be grimey roads at the moment or something but have never experienced it that bad before!

Coilpacks should arrive today or tomorrow.

Normal service is resumed.....................:D:D

3-4g/s on idle sounds right as does the wheel spin :thumbup: