Placed new order for VRS to collect tomorrrow

Hello all!

Placed my order for a new VRS TDi hatchback in race blue on Monday the (test drive did it for me), and paid my deposit OF £500 to secure. I thought I was getting a great deal at £17,010 on the 5.1% apr and they have sourced it quite quickly for me (about 3 days). It is the basic model without the jumbo pack, I specifically asked for that so I could get it cheaper.

But having checked on here on the forums it doesnt seem like I got such a great deal! I am due to collect tomorrow and I was wondering if I can't still haggle anything more out of them or wether I dont have a leg to stand on as I have paid my deposit? Any help appreciated!!!

In addition its registered as a 57 reg and someone at work told me I been done out of pocket as the new reg 08 starts on March 1st.

Stoddy!:)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jumbo box 18" wheels and dual zone climate are all currently free options with the Octavia vRS - So yes you may well have been 'done'.

I myself would have waited for an 08 in March but it doesn't bother many people.

I would imagine the dealer was laughing all the way as he's probably shifted an old stock car that is currently almost impossible to sell due to the upgrades.

Škoda - Our Cars - Offers

Just my penneth worth but if you can get out of that deal, do it! That car is likely to have been in the dealer network for some time as it's without the essential Dual Zone Climate/Jumbo Box/Rear Leccy Windows pack & 18" alloys, which have all been a free upgrade for some time now.

FWIW, I'd try and get an 08 registered car with the extras for the same money OR get the price of the one they are offering down by at least £1k.

The jumbo pack will be the 'must have' option people will look for if/when it comes to selling it on. Without the pack it will be overlooked. Residuals aside, the pack makes the car a much nicer place to be in.

You need to have words with the salesman.

Talk about shooting the guy down in flames

That was his first post

NICE

I think it's a case of that he knows that the deal isn't quite as good as perhaps first thought. The fact as to whether it's a first post or not doesn't come in to it, an opinion has been asked for and that what we've given.

Talk about shooting the guy down in flames

That was his first post

NICE

What would you prefer, tell him he's got a great deal and let him get turned over??

Sorry mate we all look out for each other here and sometimes the truth does hurt a little.

The OP could buy an Ex-demo motor for that money. I just bought a 07 vRS (see my sig for the extras on it) for less than that with 5,000 miles on it. I probably could of got one a wee bit cheaper if I had wanted to wait or travel more but the deal suited me at the time. The dealer had a red vRS on for £500 more on a 57 plate with just 3,000 miles on it and a few extras. Makes you wonder why the OP's car hasnt got the jumbo pack on though....... when was the car made?

Steve

Hello all!

Placed my order for a new VRS TDi hatchback in race blue on Monday the (test drive did it for me), and paid my deposit OF £500 to secure. I thought I was getting a great deal at £17,010 on the 5.1% apr and they have sourced it quite quickly for me (about 3 days). It is the basic model without the jumbo pack, I specifically asked for that so I could get it cheaper.

But having checked on here on the forums it doesnt seem like I got such a great deal! I am due to collect tomorrow and I was wondering if I can't still haggle anything more out of them or wether I dont have a leg to stand on as I have paid my deposit? Any help appreciated!!!

In addition its registered as a 57 reg and someone at work told me I been done out of pocket as the new reg 08 starts on March 1st.

Stoddy!:)

When I was looking for a VRS a few months ago base spec 6-12 month old cars, with a few thousand miles on the clock and one previous owner were going for a lot less that £17k

FWIW I think its still possible to order cars without the "upgrades", but as has already been said, I think it will make it extremely difficult to sell on at resale time, and the car is atleast £700 too expensive imho.

Hi there guys, I really appreciate the honest comments. Id rather know where I stand.

My local dealer (Merrits in Aylesbury) offered me an 08 reg without the jumbo pack for about the same price £17,015. But they couldnt get it in for a few weeks and I spoke to Jewsons in Oxford and they could get me one more or less straight away. My insurance runs out on my current car 2nd March so I wanted it before then. But me being impatient had to have it straight away :confused: and I checked it against the 'What car' price and saw that it was nearly 2k under the rrp so I thought I was getting a decent deal.

They said the car was brand new and I would be 1st registered person but I dont really know how new cars come about (my 1st time buying new) so I dont know how long or where my car been!! If someone in the know could advise that would help loads!

They tried to offer me £650 for my T reg Saab 9-5 with 103k on the clock, but I politely told them to shove off! I have since had it on the autotrader and someone wants it for £1300.

I have thought about telling them I am not happy about the deal, but I have signed and paid my £500 I would have to loose out 500 quid!!! :thumbdwn:

I am supposed to be picking it up at 11am tomorrow....its on a PCP plan too so I am concerned of the residual value. Any suggestions?!?

As I said above I simply wouldn't buy it.

I'd even lose the £500 and put it down to experiance.

They aren't going to be happy if you don't turn up as they will have registered it in your name so I would speak to Citizens Advice first.

At 8am this morning phone the garage and ask them if they've registered it - if not then tell them not to and you'll be in touh later. If they have just say ok, no matter and contact CAB.

As I said above I simply wouldn't buy it.

I'd even lose the £500 and put it down to experiance.

They aren't going to be happy if you don't turn up as they will have registered it in your name so I would speak to Citizens Advice first.

At 8am this morning phone the garage and ask them if they've registered it - if not then tell them not to and you'll be in touch later. If they have just say ok, no matter and contact CAB.

VRStu is the oracle on here; heed his advice well; it is usually sound sensible and good.

If you feel uncomfortable about loosing your deposit and you are happy about the car (lack of jumbo, 18s etc) see if you can either renegotiate the price or have it registered for 1st March ('08 plate) or BOTH.

Good luck.

If I didn't have missis who is already fed up with the time I spent on finding the right car then I prob would go down the loosing 500 quid note and walk away. Also I have found a buyer for my car so I will be carless. I think I might just have to swallow this one. I suppose I could try and get 500 quid off or a free year service? But they could just turn around and say well we have your deposit now. Plus I shook his hand... We all know its unwritten law that when you shake the hand a deal is a deal. It was my fault for saying I wanted a car quickly and I didn't case about the jumbo pack.

I wonder if I speak to my local dealer and they can do me a better deal. Could I transfer the 500 quid across to them. When do they register the car in your name? They have taxed it and insured it for 7 days so im assuming they alreay have.

I wonder if I speak to my local dealer and they can do me a better deal. Could I transfer the 500 quid across to them. When do they register the car in your name? They have taxed it and insured it for 7 days so I'm assuming they already have.

I doubt you could transfer deposit; dealers are notoriously insular and selfish, unless perhaps they are in the same dealer group (which I don't think they are).

If the car has already been taxed then I would expect the Registration Document application has been processed (possibly on-line within the dealership) with your name to it already.

At the end of the day its not the worst deal ever - a lot of people pay RRP!

However, I've been keeping an eye on Autotrader and the Skoda site for Mk2 vRS Octavias, and even the early ones without the jumbo pack sit around for a VERY long time...

I doubt you could transfer deposit; dealers are notoriously insular and selfish, unless perhaps they are in the same dealer group (which I don't think they are).

If the car has already been taxed then I would expect the Registration Document application has been processed (possibly on-line within the dealership) with your name to it already.

Looks like im pretty much 'locked in'! Anyone got any tips on how I could word a last ditch negotiation without taking the micky?! I think a free service or tank of petrol is my best chance at this late stage!

I really appreciate all your advice guys, hopefully this evening I will be telling you how good it is to own one of these beasts. To try and look on the positive side, I could be buying an Audi or VW paying 24-25k at double the APR!

Oh yes is there anything I should be looking for before I drive this thing away? Its probably been sat somewhere for 6 months having the basic spec!