Coilover.......can you tell me where you got yours ?

Another coilover question........ right i need coilovers :rofl:

would like KW varient 2's but cant afford them atm......wientec varient 2's are £614 or there abouts deliverd included VAT.

I would like something similar but CHEAPER :o i am a tight get ;) is there any other brand i could go for that has a good reputation.....varient 2's are a must aswell.

Where did you get yours at ?

I have just sold my Weitec's with adjustable damping, awesome suspension and a lot cheaper than KW's, sure they don't have stainless steel bodies but after having mine on the car there is no rust or corrosion on the bodies whatsoever... :thumbup: Would definately recommend them dude. I got mine from Demon Tweeks.

HTH

Dave

have you looked at the vMaxx coilovers mate - well within a sensible budget and available direct from their UK distributor in Northampton and europerformance. Drop is 40 - 60mm and ride is excellent. have been hugely popular in Europe where the Golf guys have been running them for AGES and the US have rave reports too

have you looked at the vMaxx coilovers mate - well within a sensible budget and available direct from their UK distributor in Northampton and europerformance. Drop is 40 - 60mm and ride is excellent. have been hugely popular in Europe where the Golf guys have been running them for AGES and the US have rave reports too
40 to 60mm thats not a great deal of adjustment

I believe the drop is quoted as 35-60 front and 30-60 rear. As with all TUV approved coilovers, the quoted drop is just what the TUV man has given the approval for. Most coilovers will drop anything up to 20mm more than the quoted maximum, but if you were German you could get in trouble for it! It would be interesting to see photos on here of the kit when it's fitted, and see how it looks, and also hear how the car drives...

I believe the drop is quoted as 35-60 front and 30-60 rear. As with all TUV approved coilovers, the quoted drop is just what the TUV man has given the approval for. Most coilovers will drop anything up to 20mm more than the quoted maximum, but if you were German you could get in trouble for it! It would be interesting to see photos on here of the kit when it's fitted, and see how it looks, and also hear how the car drives...
the kw's on the fabia vrs are better in every way than the standard set up,a little stiffer but much less crashy over the rough stuff,mines dropped by 70-80mm front and 60mm rear hers the pic(i hadn't sorted the rears out on these shots)

P1050182.jpg

P1050184.jpg

will be lower still for ultimate dubs:thumbup:

Surely though you don't want to go too low on a vRS because you risk dragging the sump across miles of tarmac? (Only what I've read on here btw, not from experience)

With the V-Maxx you can set them to a sensible height that still looks good, at a fraction of the price of the KWs

Surely though you don't want to go too low on a vRS because you risk dragging the sump across miles of tarmac? (Only what I've read on here btw, not from experience)

With the V-Maxx you can set them to a sensible height that still looks good, at a fraction of the price of the KWs

i can set these up like a 4x4

in my expierience,and i have run about 12 cars on coilovers,cheap ones will rattle your fillings out,won't have the same level of adjustment,and the collars will rust and sieze,i have run all sorts,from high end bilstiens,ohlins and tiens down to cheapo's and every time i have bought cheap i have bought twice.

In my opinion if you can't aford a decent set(the wietechs have an excellent reputation and are a reasonable price)you can't afford to run coilovers,and these kw's are the best i have ever expierienced,they are as good as sets twice the price,i am not the only one on here who holds these in such high regard,everyone who fits a set thinks the same:thumbup:

in my expierience,and i have run about 12 cars on coilovers,cheap ones will rattle your fillings out,won't have the same level of adjustment,and the collars will rust and sieze,i have run all sorts,from high end bilstiens,ohlins and tiens down to cheapo's and every time i have bought cheap i have bought twice.

In my opinion if you can't aford a decent set(the wietechs have an excellent reputation and are a reasonable price)you can't afford to run coilovers,and these kw's are the best i have ever expierienced,they are as good as sets twice the price,i am not the only one on here who holds these in such high regard,everyone who fits a set thinks the same:thumbup:

:thumbup:

That's strange, I'm looking at fitting a set of V-Maxx on my Mk5 Golf GTI (when it arrives) and from what I've heard, the ride is actually a lot less crashy on V-Maxx than most more expensive kits - by all accounts they're set up as fast road suspension rather than track suspension which is where KW etc. are developed. I've also run many different sets of suspension, including a cheap AVO kit on a Corsa - this was very very hard, and enough to put somebody off coilovers. Looking at what the guys in the States are saying about V-Maxx reassures me that they're a lot better than their price would suggest.

That's strange, I'm looking at fitting a set of V-Maxx on my Mk5 Golf GTI (when it arrives) and from what I've heard, the ride is actually a lot less crashy on V-Maxx than most more expensive kits - by all accounts they're set up as fast road suspension rather than track suspension which is where KW etc. are developed. I've also run many different sets of suspension, including a cheap AVO kit on a Corsa - this was very very hard, and enough to put somebody off coilovers. Looking at what the guys in the States are saying about V-Maxx reassures me that they're a lot better than their price would suggest.
i have never read anything about these so can't really comment,i just posted what i have learned from expierience:thumbup:

i have never read anything about these so can't really comment,i just posted what i have learned from expierience:thumbup:

Definitely interested in hearing what Skodastream has to say, a mate of mine is toying with fitting a set of these on his vRS also.

I've got a feeling that V-Maxx might be changing the old myth that you only get what you pay for!

I've run both Bilstein PSS9's and FK Highsports which were half the price and on the road, I'd go with the FKs any day.

More expensive coilovers are often designed for the track so are perfect on slick surfaces but take them on the road and you end up skipping all over the shop.

The cheaper kits don't necessarily mean you need to compromise on ride quality or even quality of the components.

Pretty much what I've just said then lol.