Uninsured student drivers

adamC

:mad::mad:

having just swapped my car over to the mrs and taken out joint insurance she goes out the other night and a student of non uk origin reverses into the car whilst it is parked.

anyhow i now have a hole in the middle of the front number plate and the lower grill has come out. having reported this my insurance only to get too impaient for a reply decided to phone the gent involved to find out he has no insurance so while ready to kill him (as i have his full name, reg of car, address and know where he goes to university) i decided to tell a fib of my own down the fone, so now we are going to get cash from him to fix it and leave the insurance but i will report him to the old bill after.

now the hole is right in the middle of the front number plate so will i have to replace the whole front bumper or is the fabia bumper hollow where the number plate suround is?? any ideas would be great and i am gonna stich this 19 yr old kid up a treat how dare they he is lucky i am expecting my first child and have a reason not to be sent to jail.......

looking at it now no other damage as its straight throught the number plate smack in the middle, no damage anywhere else all joints and curves match have put the lower grill back in now as it is a tounge and groove sytem, so am now wondering wether to just get a new front number plate put on and you would not know the back of the plate surround has a crack in it lol would cost like 30 quid no other damage at all it looks like the tow bar pearced the surround after breaking the number plate..

The front bumper comes without the black numberplate backing bit, doesn't it? You should be able to just replace that and have it as new if that's all that's damaged?

yep found it its like thirty quid so its not all bad

Though you "will" bill him for the full bumper, as it is you that has to live with it knowing it is damaged though not seen

Please do not let the **** get away with thirty quid only

Then shop him

It is a joke, I got hit and run, cost "me" not the possibly uninsured get that hit me

We need to take them down, and off the road if possible, yes if they kill someone the family get paid out, but it is us that is paying it out

National

Had a similar problem last year with a kid on a bike that caused over £1300 of damage which I had to claim on my insuramce for, I'm still trying to get my excess back from them, don't see why I should have to fork out for something which was not my fault. Shop him to the police, these people should not be allowed on the road.

:mad::mad:

having just swapped my car over to the mrs and taken out joint insurance she goes out the other night and a student of non uk origin reverses into the car whilst it is parked.

anyhow i now have a hole in the middle of the front number plate and the lower grill has come out. having reported this my insurance only to get too impaient for a reply decided to phone the gent involved to find out he has no insurance so while ready to kill him (as i have his full name, reg of car, address and know where he goes to university) i decided to tell a fib of my own down the fone, so now we are going to get cash from him to fix it and leave the insurance but i will report him to the old bill after.

now the hole is right in the middle of the front number plate so will i have to replace the whole front bumper or is the fabia bumper hollow where the number plate suround is?? any ideas would be great and i am gonna stich this 19 yr old kid up a treat how dare they he is lucky i am expecting my first child and have a reason not to be sent to jail.......

If you don't get anywhere you should contact the uni pointing out that you are very disappointed that their students are not made to understand the legal requirements by the uni. Afterall the uni does have a care of responsibility to them.

Certainly I've seen uni's pay up then have the charge sit over a student. If you have his full details confirm he is a student with the uni, easy enough to do, then get the police involved.

right just met the little F@*Ker and his mate took 250 quid of em (went in my company pool car so they could not see how little damage was caused).

he said pls dont tell police (in non uk accent) i said ok

div

am going straight to the police station tomorrow to fill in report not that they will do much

he asked me to write a letter saying that because he had paid me i would not go to the police so i got someone else to write it and they signed it another name.... ah sorry... not!

makes me angry but am better off for it... besides the £250 quid he paid me with is prob some sort of uk blinking grant that i am in a way funding via my NI contributions......

am only 25 and already so evil lol

to be fair i would ban bikes, horses, cycles, pedestrians, drivers under 30, cars worth sub 15k, fwd, 4x4 and so on... then we would have no traffic jams, few accidents, the roads would be great.

That's all us Furby drivers gone then :D

all done the response was

we will look into it..... yeah just after they stop a few people doing 5 mph over the speed limit first, this country needs sorting out man its a joke..

how much is a speeding fine (i have not had one) about 40-60 quid yet your average fine for driving without insurance is £200.

i could drive for two years without insurance get caught twice and still pay less than my last insurance premium...

sorry i just sometimes wonder why i pay tax NI road tax etc as it just gets Pi@*ed up the wall as far as i am concerned.

all done the response was

we will look into it..... yeah just after they stop a few people doing 5 mph over the speed limit first, this country needs sorting out man its a joke..

how much is a speeding fine (i have not had one) about 40-60 quid yet your average fine for driving without insurance is £200.

i could drive for two years without insurance get caught twice and still pay less than my last insurance premium...

sorry i just sometimes wonder why i pay tax NI road tax etc as it just gets Pi@*ed up the wall as far as i am concerned.

Write to the uni, stating that you are amazed their students have no respect for the law.

The guy has no intention of getting insurance and if nobody will do anything I guess maybe his car could have a petrol leak with some smokers near by.

Sorry, but people who actively avoid insurance are the lowest of the low.

Actually thinking about it if you have his plate and it's a UK car, DVLA?