High Mileage TFSI's

What sort of miles have people clocked up on their TFSI VRS's?

After only doing 8k miles in the first 18 months of it's life (now up to 11k) mine won't be hitting high mileage (60k plus) for a while yet..

Just wondered if anyone on here was approaching 60k+ miles in their's and how the engine/car as a whole seemed in terms of performance, mpg etc.... ??

I've put 10k on mine since late August 07, and it is as sweet now as it was when I got it.

Most of mine is 80mph ish motorway driving and I average around 34mpg on a run.

Around 9k the engine seemed to loosen up slightly and I believe it accelerates a bit sharper than before.

Shall be on around 30k by August (and 90k by the time it goes back in 2 yrs) this year so will be in a better position to comment.

Any particular reason why you have not included vRS TDIs? Are we outcasts?

Mine? 16,000 in 10.5 months.

Nope, its just I'm not intrested in TDI's, I want to know about how the TFSI holds up once it starts racking up the miles

I wouldn't say 60K was high milage now-a-days. 100K maybe.

Your correct...

But in terms of this particular engine (at the present time) I'd consider 60k to be high milage...

Edit:

All I'm trying to do is to create a thread which contains similar info to this one, except for the TFSI VRS (never know if it starts to contain uselful info it may become a sticky)

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/maintenance-performance/skoda-running-costs/52701/

a) so those who are considering a TFSI can see how they hold up over the long term

and

B) people such as myself are aware if there may be any issues once they approach a higher milage

I'm not trying to start a debate on the 'definition' of high mileage, or give the cold sholder to TDI VRS's....

...... or give the cold sholder to TDI VRS's....

Your sentiment is understood. No offence taken (I'm sure none was meant). :thumbup:

There seems to be a good purpose to your thread as there ought to be some TFSI vRS out there with 30 - 40,000 miles or more by now. Less chance for TDIs as they have only been out for a little over a year.

If you're interested in getting people's experience of high mileage 2.0T engines as used in the VRs then you may want to try the VW or Audi forums as the engine has been around longer in the Golf GTi and Audi A3.

If you're interested in getting people's experience of high mileage 2.0T engines as used in the VRs then you may want to try the VW or Audi forums as the engine has been around longer in the Golf GTi and Audi A3.

Just thought it would be useful for current/future owners as they wouldn't have to them go scouring the 100's of other VAG sites out there searching for little bits of info...

and what about oil usage, mpg, any other issues/observations ?

To answer that I'll have to split it into two parts as each car was slightly different and also bear in mind that both cars were modified in one form or another.

MY06 vRS fuel economy averaged around the 26-27mpg mark but I do a lot of short journeys and have a heavy right foot :o. Oil usage was 'heavy', 1 litre every 3,000-4,000 miles but not an issue providing you keep an eye on it. Overall nothing major to report on it apart from the odd rattle.

MY08 vRS fuel economy is now down to 24-25mpg but I put that down to additional modifications including the new fuel pump but will hopefully improve once the new remap is written to encompass the differences. Oil usage is nowhere near as heavy as before, now 1 litre every 5,000-6,000 miles. Only 'fault' is an irritating 'squeak' from the drivers window which is taking longer than I would hope to fix but will hopefully be finally be resolved on Monday.

You must be on first name terms with your local petrol station attendants!

erm, I might be! :o:D

On oil usage, I've used bugger all :confused:

When I collected the car it was 18 months old (1st registered owner Skoda Auto UK - is that good or bad?)..... as part of the deal I got my first service thrown in (from what I gather its 20k miles or 2 years - so in effect I got it done 6 months early)... since them I have put 3k miles (i.e. now at 11k miles) on it in 2 months and bugger oil used?

What are peoples' expierience of oil usage after the 1st 2 year/20k service?

Car runs sweet as and is 'driven' on a fairly regular basis... just spends a lot of its time sat at 70-80mph (indicated ;)) on motorways.