Delighted........

Hebe Comerford

.......to find a Skoda online community living in Essex where the locals are conceived, live (and often, die!) in their Fords for which Dagenham used to be famous......notorious? :)

For the past seven weeks I have been the very satisfied owner of a 56 plate Skoda Fabia 1.9 TDi vRS 5-door hatch, diamond silver.

I had been looking at Honda Civics when a neighbour said "Have you thought of a Skoda?" I thought she was joking and like most people was completely ignorant about this make. I am pleasantly surprised and am enjoying this car very much in my 30-mile round trip commutes to work daily, with one longer 45-mile round trip journey each week. Now I can also participate in leisure activities which not having a vehicle precluded up to now due to their distance from home and absence of public transport.

Though just turned 60 I only took my full UK driving licence last June (honestly!!!) having used public transport and bicycle on ecological grounds. With lower harmful emissions and cleaner fuels it now doesn't feel like betraying ideals to own and drive a vehicle.

Much more to say but for now "hello all" and I look forward to sharing information and views