'Door Open' light

After getting all the big gripes sorted on my Octy, I've just got one little'un left to sort. The dash 'door open' light comes on randomly, especially when cold or when driving energetically over bumpy roads. It'll sometimes stay on for a while, before the next bump switches it off again; other times it just flickers on and off. I've checked that everything's closed, by the way. Just wondering if there were any obvious causes/fixes, preferably ones that don't involve spending too much! Cheers in advance.

Chris.

Does the interior light come on at the same time as the dash light is flickering? If so, that may suggest that there is a faulty courtesy light switch on one of the doors. According to the Haynes manual, the courtesy light switches are an intergrated part of the door locking mechanisms.

Hope this helps.

No, just the dash warning light. Wondered about the door switches, but as the interior light is fine i guess i'll have to think again. Cheers anyway! Wonder if there are any obvious connections that can come loose or short. Like i say, it's no big deal, just a bit distracting at night.

It could be the boot, my estate had a similar problem once, the light on the dash was on as were the lights in the boot. It coincided with some slamming the boot lid shut rather hard! I just jiggled all the connections I could find and the problem went away. Obviously I was a bit worried about it flattening the battery as the lights stayed on when I locked the car.

Had a look last night and cleaned the metal sticky-out bit on the bottom corner of each door (not sure if that's the technical term!), i think they're the ones that press the door closed switch in. Drove to work and back today and no recurrence of the problem:). Dunno whether it's coincidence, or whether the sticky-out bits in question double as contacts, but it looks like it might be sorted! Cheers to all.

Boot switch was the cause of this problem on my car, easily adjusted when you take the cover off, its caused by the boot handle being too tight so that the slightest movement triggers the light switch, adjust the rod between the handle and the lock and its sorted.

Hi, I'm having the same problem except the interior light comes on as well so i have had to turn that off, and when i get out of the car and lock it the alarm goes crazy about every 5 minutes because it thinks a door is open. If i could just find out where the sensors are im sure i could sort it, all the doors are closed probably so if someone could just tell me where sensors are maybe please, 1.9SDI classic 2002. Thanks

Tedda I replied to your other thread. Like Niceyellow says it is in the door lock mechanism. I would like to know what the sticky out bits do though. I was told they may be for crash detection but this is not certain.