Bl00dy Hell..............earthquake !!!!!

Lady Elanore

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Event 2008nyae Questionnaire

Felt it here in boro too about 1am ish, shat myself. Sky news has dived onto it.

Thought it was Hartlepool nuclear power station at first!

First thing I noticed was my guitar on the wall started to vibrate, but quite regular movement so I put my hand on it and my other guitar was shaking together with my wardrobe doors. Then I felt my bed suddenly jolt and shake violently.

I then feared that it was either the power station or a gas explosion and ran to wake my parents up (they slept through it:rofl:), but I then doubted that I had actually felt anything.

I phoned my girlfriend and asked her if she was ok and she said "yeah, but my bed shook a few mins ago" - confiming my suspicions. Tried to find some info on the news sites, tv and radio but no luck, so I signed into msn and straight away was asked "Did you feel it?":D

Definatly a good experience:thumbup:

I feel kind of odd. Almost a bit weepy. I think it must be a huge adrenalin rush or something. Very odd feeling.

Have another :grouphug:. I suspect its your body coming down from the adrenalin rush.

BBC News 24 says tremors were felt over 6 counties

Sorry, but how is this on the news already? Who in their right mind would think of ringing up to report it at this time!? And who would they even ring?? The mind boggles.....

Sorry, but how is this on the news already? Who in their right mind would think of ringing up to report it at this time!? And who would they even ring?? The mind boggles.....
Well I switched on the radio - Radio Derby is broadcasting Five Live - and the presenter just said at the end of the news (to a colleague) "did the earth move for you just now?" So I think the BBC News folk felt it for themselves in London.

BBC News 24 says tremors were felt over 6 counties

Well were are all on the computer telling our experiences:rolleyes:

I thought about ringing my mates at work......:o

I mean to report an earthquake. Sure you ask your mates who are to hand at the time...unless you mean your mates work for the BBC lol. But either way, they are still mates!!!

Well I switched on the radio - Radio Derby is broadcasting Five Live - and the presenter just said at the end of the news (to a colleague) "did the earth move for you just now?" So I think the BBC News folk felt it for themselves in London.

It says 'reports are coming in' suggesting people are contacting them for other parts of the country, hence how they know how far it spread.

Well were are all on the computer telling our experiences:rolleyes:

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear - I said for REPORTING it, ie to the BBC. I wouldn't ring them about a 2 second tremor, esp not at this time!! As it happens I was awake at the PC and people posted.