TDi Temp Sensor Help Please

Hi just found this site by mistake looking for some info on my dads octavia TDI i've scanned it and it's come up with this fault:-

1 Fault Found:

17571 - Fuel Temp Sensor (G81): Open or Short to Plus

P1163 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

I've had a price from skoda it's £23 i just need to know where it is exactly they say it's between the airbox and intake on the engine but the only thing i can see is the airflow meter but that's already been done and the turbos still comeing in so it isn't that it just struggles to start in a morning if its cold.....!!!!

Any help would be gratefull...!!!!

I've just never come across this problem before...!!!!!!

Ok, to answer your question -

If it is the sensor I think it is then it will be located on the front of the engine to the bottom right of the head. Should have a 2 pin plug on it.

On a 110 TDi, then follow the top hose (plastic pipe) from the radiator to the back of the engine, locate the plug with 4 wires going into this pipe and thats the temp sender.

Make sure that when you take the old one out (pull the locating clip down and out) that the rubber O ring seal comes out with it - if not put your finger in the hole to pull it out and put it on the new sender before fitting.

Oh yes, make sure the engine is COLD before you start!

On a 110 TDi, then follow the top hose (plastic pipe) from the radiator to the back of the engine, locate the plug with 4 wires going into this pipe and thats the temp sender.

Make sure that when you take the old one out (pull the locating clip down and out) that the rubber O ring seal comes out with it - if not put your finger in the hole to pull it out and put it on the new sender before fitting.

Oh yes, make sure the engine is COLD before you start!

The OP stated Fuel temp not coolant temp.

Does this help -

7307d1134030816-fuel-cooling-system.jpg

The cheapo tuning boxes that can be found on eBay normaly plug into the G81 so if you look here Chip TUNING Chip Box for VW Skoda Octavia,Fabia,Superb on eBay, also Chips, Performance Tuning Parts, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 01-Mar-08 10:26:24 GMT) you'll see the type of plug you are looking for if the engine is a PD type.