KMD fuel pump

Have you had a look at both of the pumps side by side - whats the difference between the KMD and Autotech :confused:

They look identical (which would be somewhat worrying if they didn't!) but I've been assured they are different.

They look identical (which would be somewhat worrying if they didn't!) but I've been assured they are different.

How are they different though?? :P

Wish i had my new motor could of fitted the new pump before the JKM visit next Saturday.

Nothing worse than driving by the dealership,, seeing your car there and not being able to have it.(Thanks DVLA):(

How are they different though?? :P

I'd love to know the answer to this one also.

Im old school and there is usually a reason for something being cheaper - and it isnt always good! :rolleyes:

Lee

I'd love to know the answer to this one also.

Im old school and there is usually a reason for something being cheaper - and it isnt always good! :rolleyes:

Lee

Lee,

Keep in mind that there was nothing simular in the market place that the Autotech could be priced against (except for a complete pump from APR).

These pumps come with a 1 year warrantee regardless of what software you are running.

I can still supply the Autotech if required, the lead times on them are quite long though.

Keith

Lee,

Keep in mind that there was nothing simular in the market place that the Autotech could be priced against (except for a complete pump from APR).

These pumps come with a 1 year warrantee regardless of what software you are running.

I can still supply the Autotech if required, the lead times on them are quite long though.

Keith

Hi Keith, thanks for the prompt reply. :thumbup:

I guess what you say makes sense. Anyone with the market to themselves may be inclined to charge a little more in some instances.

If the quality is the same then its good to see some competition - the customer is the one that will benefit from it at the end of the day. :D

All the best,

Lee

Just ordered one of these pumps...now I need someone to fit it for me!!

You dont mate you just need a bit of confidence and the right tools.

Have a look here http://briskoda.net/forums/general-car-chat/i-pumped-myself/104898/

I managed to do it myself and im a complete twonk when it comes to mechanical stuff.

HTH

Carl:thumbup:

When comparing prices it should also be bourne in mind that Keith (JKM) have sourced a quantity of the pumps directly from the horses mouth which obviously cuts out some of the additional costs which thankfully they have decided to reflect in their pricing. It would have been very easy and possibly simpler to price them the same as the AutoTech ones and nobody would be any the wiser. Commendable IMHO :thumbup:

When comparing prices it should also be bourne in mind that Keith (JKM) have sourced a quantity of the pumps directly from the horses mouth which obviously cuts out some of the additional costs which thankfully they have decided to reflect in their pricing. It would have been very easy and possibly simpler to price them the same as the AutoTech ones and nobody would be any the wiser. Commendable IMHO :thumbup:

Highly commendable, think they could well be selling a few of them.

My car better be ready for me next week.:confused:

Yeah terific, makes me feel all warm inside having just spent a hooge fortune with Autotech! :rolleyes:;)

But you have had the use of it for the last couple of months ;)