MrRb666 joined March 2008

MrRb666

Hello everybody!

I found this site through google researching my new car. Next weekend i pick up the replacement for my current car (bmw 5 series 3.0ltr V8 94), to the approval of my grandparents and the better educated of my friends I decided on a Skoda. My grandfather has owned 3 Skoda's now consecutively (very unlike him to stick to a brand), however all of them diesel.

I wanted something a little more economical than my V8 for work so I started looking at around the 1.8 mark and stumbled apon the Mk1 Octavia vRS. Much to the disgust of my bmw owning friends (they will be converted) after a few minutes test driving the vRS I remarked to my girlfriend "it feels to drive like a car I could never afford!", 1 hour 20 mins testing later I took the car back to the showroom to a rather worried looking salesman with simply the words "I want that car!", his face changed and we did the deal.

So I picked up a very clean 2 owner car (first owner Skoda Director) on an 03 plate with 28,000 on the clock, in silver. Car being serviced and checked for the warranty now and I'm itching to pick it up over the easter weekend from a main skoda dealer in kent.

Looking forward to meeting everybody and hearing any advice for looking after my new car (gratefuly appreciated)..

Rich

Welcome MrRb666!

That's how I felt when I bought mine! :)

Keep an eye open in the regional meets section, there's a monthly meet in Maidstone, first Friday of every month. :)

Excellent! Thanks guys, 4th April in maidstone sounds good :)

I'll have to check my rota (shift work) but I'll try and put in an appearance.

Once I'v got the car I'll post some pictures, although its completly original and I am sure you all know what they look like anyhoo ;)

Thanks for the welcome,

Rich