Is it worth anything?

My mum has decided to give up driving and has a 98 R plate Felicia 1.3 GLi with 35,000 miles on the clock. I dare say it will come to me as a "gift" but I was wondering what the value might be as I think I would like to give her a fair price for it. The only thing I can see wrong with it is a bit of rust around the rear wheel arches. I drives like a dream:)

I've had 3 cars off my Dad in the past, he refused payment other than a token 1p each time :)

As for your Moms Feli

It is low mileage but rusty and is stepping on MK2 territory, so i think it would be between 5-600 quid

She is your mum for gods sake!! give her a bunch of flowers and a box of chocs.

:iagree:

Plus: If your mum's giving up driving due to age or infirmity I think it would be appropriate if you now and then ask if she needs help with transport and so on.

Just because it's your Mom, doesn't mean that you can't haggle

Dunno about you, mate, but I can never look my mum in the eye and do that 'sucking air through the teeth' thing that second-hand car dealers always do in the movies and on TV. I always end up cracking up.