First time diesel driver!

Jamie_B

Hello.

I am now on car number 15 (I think anyway lol) and due to our government continually stealing, sorry I mean taxing, us then I took the plunge and bought myself a diesel car due to the mileage I cover commuting.

The car in question had to be VAG as far as I was concerned.

It just so happened that I came across a 53 plate Fabia vRS for a reasonable price and the rest is now history.

I will get pictures of the car up soon but its standard at the minute.

Im heading to a rolling road day organised by a local car forum so i'll get a chance to see the power gains once I get the car chipped which I most likely will.

So erm, hi. :handshke:

I too have just bought an Octavia vRS TDi - think it's pretty damned awesome to be honest - and better than the Impreza's I have previously owned (I too have had enough of paying through the nose).

Just one question though - mine seems to take a lot longer to warm up than the petrol engined autos I have owned until now - is this normal?

I know this won't be too much of an issue now that we're hopefully heading for a bit of warmth, but just thought I'd ask :confused:

mine seems to take a lot longer to warm up than the petrol engined autos I have owned until now - is this normal?

Yes.

Oh and to the OP: Hello and welcome.

Thanks for the welcome people.

Well the rolling road was today and I was pleasantly surprised.

My standard Fabia vRS got:

150.9bhp & 247.4 lb/ft torque

:D

That's some power gain on the standard 128bhp motor, are you sure the person before has not had any mods done????

You might want to check and see or it might make your insurance invalid (don't know if you need to tell them? mine is a standard car)

Ben

Yes my friend who had his Fabia vRS at the rolling road day said that there was nothing noticable that had been modified.

So unless its engine internals, which I doubt as most people re-map, then it looks like ive just gotten a good engine.

Although I have heard that VW tend to underpower their official power figures???

Welcome. Furby vRS are great cars!

It's true a lot of owners with standard cars have RR them and found out they're quite a bit higher than the official figures.

Glad you're enjoying it :thumbup:

Matt

Agreed,

Been a few with 150bhp etc as standard:thumbup: