Transporting my felicia

At the moment my felly has got no tax no mot or insurance but i need to move it about 5 miles down the road, how can i legally do this? is the only option trailer or would it be possible to soft tow and not get pulled over?

I guess the auction people would probably transport it for a fee.

No MOT might be one of the reasons it's not currently selling unfortunately. Easiest option might be to accept a lower price and get rid ASAP.

ah sh!t, a mate of mines neighbour was interested in buying it so thats why i need it back at my house for him to have a good look at it, but he seems like a bit of a timewaster or i would just leave it down there again, could i drive it to the mot place without any tax on it?

I think the answer to that is yes you can drive it to the MOT place without tax on it.

Quoted from Dunfires and Galloway Police site

In what circumstances do I have to display a tax disc?

Any mechanically propelled vehicle when used or kept on a public road must display a valid tax disc.

Are there any exemptions?

The following vehicles are exempt from displaying tax discs:

• Fire engines
  • Ambulances
  • Some agricultural vehicles
  • Electrically propelled vehicles
  • Invalid carriages
  • Road construction vehicles
  • Vehicles used solely for spreading material to deal with frost, ice and snow

Vehicles are also exempt only when:

• Going to a test centre for a pre-booked MOT, stipulating the time and date
  • On an MOT test
  • After failing an MOT test, for the purpose of taking the vehicle to a pre-booked appointment at a garage to have the faults rectified.

Note: Some old vehicles may be classed as vintage vehicles and although they are not exempt from having to display a tax disc, the disc is free of charge.

I think the answer to that is yes you can drive it to the MOT place without tax on it.

Quoted from Dunfires and Galloway Police site

Yup! Thats spot on that... you can drive without tax and mot as long as you are driving it to get an mot in order to get it taxed.

Will it not pass an MOT? Maybe it would be easier to just stick it through, if it doesn't pass then you'll know what (if anything) is wrong with it and you might have a better chance at flogging it!

its been put into the auction for another month at my expense of twenty quid :@ but they have said it would be fine for me to drive it away to get an mot and bring back to them so do you think its unreasonable to ask for £600 for a T reg car with 1 years MOT, 30,000 miles on it, no service history (apart from the last 4 mot's) or v5? in fairly good condition apart from a couple of scratches on the back, 1 previous owner

As cheezemonkhai says you must prebook and definately need insurance. You may be lucky and find a company that will give you one day insurance but the companies i usually use will not cover you without road tax.

£600 is a fair price for a T reg in reasonable condition with full mot and low milage,

my son is looking for a Feli, he would prefer an estate though, i'll ask him, though i do notice from ealier posts you were hoping for 500 quid and it also has a slipping clutch :P

edit: perhaps not, delving further, forgot about the load of other trouble you've had with this.

If it's the nice blue one I think you posted a while back then I'd definitely be happy to hand over £600 if I had the cash. Those scratches were hardly anything if I remember correctly.

As cheezemonkhai says you must prebook and definately need insurance. You may be lucky and find a company that will give you one day insurance but the companies i usually use will not cover you without road tax.

£600 is a fair price for a T reg in reasonable condition with full mot and low milage,

my son is looking for a Feli, he would prefer an estate though, i'll ask him, though i do notice from ealier posts you were hoping for 500 quid and it also has a slipping clutch :P

edit: perhaps not, delving further, forgot about the load of other trouble you've had with this.

i was hoping for £500 but that was with a 3/4 month mot, this is coming with a brand new mot, and a new alternator rather than the scrappy one that didnt work properly, its also had the ever elusive fuel filter change which catches most people out, also the slipping cluth.....well the clutch is high, not sure if its slipping or just needs adjusting becaue ive been told by one person its slipping, then my dad said it wasnt, then i drove a car with a slipping clutch and relised mine isnt slipping its just needs adjusting i think!, but its an easy job to do ive been told, and all the problems i had with it were the alternator blowing up the battery and the ecu, me being a cheap student and not geting round to replacing them for 3 months

MOT on wednesday and it will pass, passed last time no problem and i did about 5000 miles in it, what could have gone wrong?

back from the MOT had to race it across town to get it back before the auction closed, but use the minimal amount of petrol at the same time, its so slow compared to my pug!

anywho it passed with only one advisory - exhaust centre section starting to blow (funnily enough same problem with the pug when i took that in for its MOT) but its back up for sale with a reserve of £600 just gotta hope someone wants it

got an offer for the car today, £500, didnt really want to say no as i was getting fed up having the car and not knowing what was going on with it so as of next week i will officially be a non skoda owner :( im really sad to see it go